Real estate debt fund is hiring a qualified accountant who wants to move into portfolio management.
Our client is a well capitalised real estate debt fund. They have a mandate to provide senior and mezz loans for property development projects across the UK.
Due to continuing expansion they are looking to hire an accountant (with 2-5 years of experience) into their portfolio management team. The person could come from one of three backgrounds:
- An accountant currently fulfilling a portfolio management role in a property lending business
- An accountant working for a property lending who wants to move into portfolio management
- An accountant from an accounting firm who has real estate expeerience and wants to move client side
Loan management and monitoring
- Day-to-day responsibility for financial monitoring of the loan book
- Creation and maintenance of loan interest workings and the associated schedules
- Production and maintenance of up-to-date loan-by-loan cash flow projections
- Preparation of redemption statements and loan positions for borrowers
- Detailed review of project monitor reports, highlighting and escalating areas of risk as appropriate
- Monitoring surpluses / shortfalls on development finance facilities and running the cash call strategy with borrowers
- Providing VAT and other tax guidance on prospective loans
- Processing drawdown requests
- Preparation of invoices and interest statements for borrowers, and associated cash collection
- Preparing loan portfolio reports and KPIs for Property Finance management team
- Preparing calculations and reports for institutional funding partners
- Preparing and managing cash calls from institutional funding partners
- Assisting with loan related queries from auditors
- Responding to queries from investor relations and business development teams
- Core role in the implementation of a system-based loan management and monitoring approach, and transition from current reliance on manual procedures
A full job specification is available.