Quality Assurance Lead, Finance, Risk, Compliance
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 15 Jan 19
Quality Assurance Lead - Finance, Risk and Compliance at Standard Chartered Bank
§ The QA Lead, Finance, Risk, Compliance (hereafter referred to as the "QA Lead") reports directly to the Global Head, Quality Assurance, GIA and is accountable for the end-to-end design and delivery of the QA coverage across Functions. The role is responsible for assessing and improving the quality of audit work in accordance with the GIA Methodology, Audit Charter and the IIA Standards.
§ The Functions portfolio has a broad span and includes the following areas: Finance, Risk, Compliance, Conduct, Financial Crime Compliance (FCC).
§ The QA Lead is accountable for the QA outcomes around audit activities within Functions, with particular focus on the Finance, Compliance, including Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) and Risk aspects of the portfolio and for providing relevant regional thematic and regulatory insights into the QA work owned by other QA Leads to the extent they touch the Functions area.
§ The QA Lead, Functions, supports the delivery of the strategy and development of the broader GIA function through providing insights and recommendations to the Global Head QA, as well as the relevant GIA MT member for improving the function's strategic approach and contributing to process improvements based on the results of QA.
§ Through the impact of their QA work, the QA Lead is a key partner with the GIA MT in delivering an uplift in the quality of audit work performed and in the management of GIA's audit risk and implementation of the GIA's functional strategy.
The incumbent is expected to have strong technical skills and specialist knowledge of ILAAP, UK GAAP, Operational, Credit and Model risk and FCCto enable a more targeted and focused QAR coverage of Functions which focuses on the key GIA risks and enables the QAR function to provide an increased level of assurance of the audit product to the relevant GIA MT member.
· The QA Lead will be expected to make a strong and proactive contribution across all core QA activities including:
o In conjunction with the other QA Leads, oversee the effective delivery and execution of the Quality Assurance Plan across GIA to a high standard;
o Developing and ensuring that the Quality Assurance Plan and QA Coverage Strategy for the Functions portfolio appropriately addresses the GIA Methodology, IIA Standard and regulatory requirements/expectations;
· Experienced audit professional with a recognised professional audit certification; i.e. (ACA, CPA, ACCA, ICMA, IIA, CIA etc).
· Specialist knowledge in two more of the following areas: UK GAAP, ILAAP, FCC, Credit Risk, Operational Risk, Conduct Risk, FCC.
· Experience of auditing accounting systems/processes gained within in a practical financial services environment.
· Sound understanding of governance and control frameworks.
· Strong, proven leadership qualities, interpersonal, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
(You can find more details on SCB careers website)