Quality Assurance Lead, IT, London
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Ratings in London is seeking a Quality Assurance Lead who will be responsible for building the embedded QA functions within the tribe, working closely with global QA leadership. The ideal candidate will build test strategy in an agile environment and should have a deep knowledge of test automation tools and agile processes.
- Drive Test Strategy and guide other team members to implement test strategies.
- Identify tools and practices for an Agile, TDD and BDD quality process and work with management to implement them throughout the lifecycle.
- Champion procedural and governance improvements to reduce defect fee back loops and time to market.
- Mentor team members on quality engineering and automation best practices. including Unit, integration, data, UI and performance testing.
- Work with global QA leadership to determine develop and implement improvements to quality practices.
- Work closely with project's business sponsors / Business Analyst to understand requirements, develop test scenarios/cases and insure testability of requirements/stories.
- Partner with the project's business sponsors to insure quality and to provide insight into testing activities and strategy.
- Coordinates all testing to ensure goals are accomplished.
- Ensures compliance with all policies and standards.
- Independent thinker, problem solver with Quality mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with the design, planning and execution of testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality with continuous testing.
- Ability to quickly establish a thorough understanding of the requirements, and key functionality. Ability to decompose business / functional requirements to build test cases.
- Prior experience leading an agile team's quality initiatives.
- Understanding of DevOps and experience in designing quality checks for implementation in the development pipeline.
- Experience leading a mixed co-located & offshore team.
- Ability to work in an environment inside and alongside multiple tribes/squads with different priorities and to coordinate across them for positive outcomes.
- Experience reviewing and coaching team members on all testing activities in an agile project.
- Prior experience recording test results and generating reports that detail the findings/bugs, and quality implementation plans
- Experience with testing APIs and services using automated tools.
- Prior experience with testing Word, Excel and Acrobat using automated tools.
- Hands on experience with Unit, data, integration and UI automated testing methodologies.
- Experience defining and documenting requirements/stories with testability in mind.
- Prior experience reducing defect feedback loops in an agile project.
- Prior experience defining and implementing agile best practices for all aspects of an agile team's activities.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with test automation tools and frameworks including but not limited to UFT, Tosca, Junit, cucumber etc.
- Experience implementing automation across multiple complex workflows while accounting for multiple dependencies and teams.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycles (SDLC) with a primary focus on agile methodologies.
- Ability to think in the abstract and see how small details fit into the bigger picture.
- Experience with Appian is a plus.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .