Quality & Test Software Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS UK
- 20 Aug 18 2018-08-20
Quality & Test Software Engineer
You will be working in an interdisciplinary team that develops the software the Investment Bank relies on to process millions of trades being done daily.
Are you passionate about building robust, scalable and testable core Java server systems? Are you motivated to deliver real business value?
We're looking for someone like that to:
– help us evolve the testing strategy for our applications and drive the automation agenda
– develop test plans for application changes
– work within a Scrum team, writing tests and ensuring quality standards are maintained
– collaborate to refine user requirements though Specification by Example and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
– mentor team members and other Scrum teams around the globe, championing good testing practices
– be involved in the release process, ensuring quality standards are met
– analyze business requirements and design solutions
– do level 3 support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
You'll be working in a London based team of 5-6 people that develops a suite of applications that comprise Securities Clearing & Settlement and Corporate Actions systems in Group Technology. The systems are the backbone of the bank, supporting the trade lifecycle in our Investment Bank. Members of this team work closely with their Operations team partners to provide global solutions for varied challenging business requirements.
Our team cares deeply about continuous improvement of the development process through automation. We use Continuous Integration for quick feedback cycles and are currently working on achieving Continuous Delivery. Collaboration is highly valued and pair programming is common practice.
We use Scrum and apply Agile practices. You'll have Software Craftsmanship at the heart of what you do, striving for quality and efficiency through automation.
We value continuous learning and encourage attendance at Conferences (QCon, Devoxx, etc) and internal Hackathons and Developer Meetups. There is also considerable formal and informal opportunity to learn financially how a bank works.
Your experience and skills
– strong experience with Java programing (ideally databases and Unix too)
– track record with automated testing at all levels (from unit tests to system level tests) and Continuous Integration
– experience with non-functional testing (NFT)
– clean coding and refactoring skills with great problem solving ability
– hands-on experience with Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
– the willingness to work closely with developers, doing pair programming
– the desire to collaborate with others and mentor colleagues to bring testing standards to a higher level
– strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and the desire to work as part of a global team
– a passion for delivering high quality software
– an ambassador for test- and behavior-driven development (TDD and BDD)
– a champion for automation
– able to improve older code bases, as well as to apply modern best practices to new projects
– proactive, comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements
– imaginative and creative with emerging technologies
Our current technology stack:
• Java 8
• In-memory caching
• A Puppet based internal deployment tool
We are moving towards:
• Stream processing
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?