Quant Developer - Hedge Fund
- Competitive GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Oxford Knight
- 03 Sep 18 2018-09-03
This is a Quant Developer role at a leading hedge fund. This gives the candidate the opportunity to partake in research work, tech-solutions or ML projects or a mix. You will need to be comfortable across the entire stack of trading infrastructure. You will be expected to construct methods to globally trade multi-asset classes automatically. You will need to design highly reliable programs in Python/Cython and C++ with quality code. The company is open to expertise in any OO as long as the candidate is open to learning new technologies and is committed to ongoing professional development through continued learning.
A growing systematic hedge fund operated exclusively by computer scientists where all trading is completely automated. The company has grown from £50mil to £1BIl+ in a only a few years. Almost 40 employees and expanding rapidly. Team of exceptionally bright people from companies like Apple, Facebook, Google and Microsoft as well as hedge funds and banks.
Ideally, you started coding at a very young age and are passionate about programming and general problem solving. You will be expected to deliver solutions to complex computational and data related problems. You will be expected to construct visualisations and analytics for live and experimental trading. Contribute to the improvement of system component performance by orders of magnitudes through tweaking underlying algorithms and processing methodology. You will be expected to delve into academic literature, publications and other further reading to learn new algorithms for use in messaging throughput & latency, data storage etc.
- Must have worked on projects with a few thousand lines of code
- You must be top tier in comparison to your peers with regards to quality of work.
- You have an applicable knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- You have strong communication skills and be highly practical and pragmatic.
- Ideally, a strong and numerate undergraduate degree from a top-tier university
- Current stack consists mostly of Python/Cython and C++ - however open to expertise in any language background
- Prior experience in finance not necessary
- Competitive Compensation
- Continued personal/professional development and learning
- Generous holiday allowance
- Open-plan office overlooking the London skyline
- Breakfast, snacks, music room, games, ping pong and yoga, all provided in the office
- Pension scheme
- Medical and dental insurance