Quant Developer, Leading Systematic Equity Fund
- Market competitive salary. Variable bonus linked to the performance & profit of the team GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Old Mutual Global Investors
- 31 Aug 18 2018-08-31
This is an exciting and varied front office role combining computing and quantitative finance sitting within the highly regarded Global Equities team at OMGI. You will have direct exposure to the daily trading cycle, fund management, and quantitative research. The role is open to candidates at all levels and candidates will be considered on their merits.
The primary responsibility is to maintain and develop (both functionally and technically) the software platform supporting the investment process and research. The platform is developed entirely on the desk and spans equity factor modelling, portfolio optimisation, equity trading, strategy backtesting, quantitative research, and data acquisition and storage. The candidate will have, or acquire, in-depth knowledge of all these areas, providing support where required, and leading strategic enhancements to the platform. Work is varied and can range from efficiency improvements through to taking new investment ideas from research through to production. The team employ an agile approach to development.
Global Equities is a highly successful team within OMGI managing £20bn in a range of market-neutral and long only funds. The team operates in a flat structure where all members are expected to contribute, and share in the results.
The team’s funds have amassed more than 58 awards, including Best Performing Fund at the 2018 UCITS Hedge Awards.
Qualifications and Experience required:
The candidate should have a strong background in both computing and quantitative finance, be highly numerate, and ideally educated to masters or PhD level.
The ideal candidate will also have:
• Excellent numerical development skills, for example Matlab or Python
• Knowledge and appreciation of software development best practices
• Experience working on large scale software systems
• Experience working with large data sets and databases
• Experience with data vendors such as Factset and Bloomberg will also be helpful
Old Mutual Global Investors (OMGI) is a global asset management business managing £30.73bn (as at 31st March 2018) for clients across the UK, Europe, Asia and the Americas in a range of onshore and offshore funds, hedge funds and segregated mandates.