The Railways Pension Scheme is one of the UK’s largest and longest established pension funds. It is responsible for the safekeeping and investment of circa £28 billion on behalf of 350,000 members connected to the railway industry.
Our mission is to pay our members’ pensions securely, affordably and sustainably: to achieve this we invest the scheme’s assets to generate strong investment returns over the long term.
The unique nature of Railpen offers our people a wide variety of interesting opportunities for innovation, thought leadership and personal development.
- We encourage people to challenge each other and explore unconventional ideas
- We offer support and encouragement whilst giving each other the space to learn from our mistakes
- We listen and take time to understand other people’s ideas and what they do, and what we need from each other to be at our best
- We are a team that understands the role we all play and the value we create
- We communicate openly and honestly, and have realistic expectations of each other
- We know how to get things done, and done well
- We trust and respect each other, recognising the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, and ensure the efforts and performance of everyone are recognised and rewarded.
Quant Equity Research Analyst/Assistant PM
A rare opportunity to join a young, innovative quant equity team managing c.£10bn of advanced global equity factor portfolios.
This is a broad based role including quantitative research, portfolio management and developing systems to support equity investment.
The ideal candidate will have a real passion for equity markets, 2-5 years’ experience of quantitative equity research/portfolio management and advanced coding skills (SQL, R, Python, Natural Language Processing).
Competitive Remuneration Package (including pension and healthcare).
- Master degree/CFA or higher in Finance, Computer Science, Economics or Quantitative field
- Advanced coding skills, knowledge of statistics and/or unstructured data/web scraping
- 2-5 years’ experience in quant equity research/portfolio management
- Highly numerate, analytical approach to problem solving approach
- Strong attention to detail and risk awareness
- S&P CIQ/Compustat Database
- Bloomberg / BB API
- Assist with managing internal equity portfolios
- Research/improve equity factor models
- Develop new factor signals from new data sources
- Develop tools/systems to improve internal equity management
To apply for this position please include a cover letter explaining why you would be an ideal candidate for this role and include your CV. Applications for the position must have UK residency.
Please note that you will not hear from us before 1 July as all CV’s will be reviewed after the closing date. If you do not hear from us after this date, thank you for your interest but please assume that you have not been successful.