Quantitative Advisory - Credit Risk - Senior Consultant
EY is looking for a Quantitative Advisory Services Senior Consultant to join the Credit Risk team in our Canary Wharf offices. Quantitative Risk is a rapidly growing area supported by an increased focus across the industry. That makes this a great time to join a high-profile team where you'll be surrounded by some of the most interesting and knowledgeable colleagues around. The opportunity
Our EMEIA Quantitative Advisory Services (QAS) team works closely with other EY financial services risk practitioners, as well as our IT Advisory and Financial Accounting teams, bringing together the range of quantitative modelling and technical skillsets needed to support our clients' complex requirements. Driven by our strategic growth plans and industry change, our EMEIA QAS team is projected to see year-on-year growth over the next 3 years.
We offer our clients comprehensive solutions to industry wide challenges, including IFRS 9, Stress Testing, FRTB, and derivative valuation and xVA. Your key responsibilities
As part of our team you will have the opportunity to work with many of the world's leading banks, and to leverage the deep knowledge and wide ranging skills and experience of your QAS colleagues.
The successful Quantitative Advisory Services Senior Consultant
you will technically contribute to external client engagements and internal projects. An important part of your role will be to actively establishing, maintaining and strengthening internal and external relationships. You will also identify and escalate potential business opportunities for EY on existing engagements.
As a Senior Consultant
in the team you can expect to be involved in the following activities:
Skills and attributes for success
- Participate in Quantitative Risk engagements with a Credit Risk focus
- Work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with clients while building strong internal relationships within the advisory practice and across other services
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
· Good communicator who displays both technical knowledge and commercial understanding
· Project management and good report writing skills
· Experience in stakeholder and client management
· Ability to drive business development and contribute to the growth of the EY market solutions To qualify for the role you must have
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience in Financial Services, either as part of an institution; in an advisory or business consulting capacity to such organisations or in the regulation of such institutions.
- Strong academic background including at least a Bachelor's degree (Computational Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, or Physics preferred) or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Probability of Default (PD) / Loss Given Default (LGD) / Exposure at Default (EAD) / Internal Ratings Based (IRB) / Stress Testing
- Knowledge of Credit Risk & Financial Services Regulation - such as IFRS9
- Experience in any of the following software development environments: VBA / Java / C++/ SQL / R / Matlab / .NET / SAS
What we look for
- Professional Qualification e.g. CQF / CFA / FRM / PRM
We are interested to hear from people with the right attitude for the job! That's naturally entrepreneurial people that feed on the energy of a thriving global team. You'll need a balance of technical and analytical skills, a creative approach to work and strong communication skills. If you've got big ideas on how we can do better, as well as the confidence to voice them, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. #LI-P