Quantitative Analyst- Leading Financial Institution
- Circa 90K
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- MW Recruitment
- 16 Oct 18
Leading financial institution is seeking an experienced Quants Analyst to work across the bank's various divisions to help provide redress pricing and calculations within its customer portfolio programme.
You will work within the Quantitative Quality Assurance team (Quant QA) and be actively involved in providing/validating redress pricing models and reviewing redress calculations/outcomes across a number of complex projects within the Customer Portfolio Programme. The Quality Assurance department is a shared service that operates across all projects and processes across the Remediation Portfolio. The principle objective of the department is to provide independent assurance to the Remediation Portfolio Managing Director on the design and ongoing operation of controls across the Remediation Portfolio.
The Remediation Portfolio consists of circa30 remediation projects across multiple products and areas including: derivatives, overdrafts, collections, loans, international payments, cash products and Regulated products. The projects in the Remediation Portfolio are customer facing (as they identify and process customer redress outcomes) and are subject to external scrutiny by the Banks’ regulator(s) and auditors. Therefore Quality Assurance is critical to delivering accurate information and outcomes to these external parties.
• Conduct detailed reviews and any challenges of redress calculation policy and implementation through models, highlighting issues in the process and methodology for redress calculations
• Conduct QA reviews performed through independent validation of models created by the Quantitative QA team using Pricing tools from Standard Bank Applications Library
• Liaise with internal business areas/ projects to obtain relevant information and to ensure that QA review comments/actions are addressed appropriately in a timely manner
• Lead the wider Quant QA team to achieve stretching targets for the Remediation Programme
• Serve as an escalation point for issues raised by other work streams related to QA work
• A strong ability to analyse historic performance of debt and working capital accounts
• A Good understanding of operational processes over several different loan products
• Having subject matter expertise in modelling, particularly in the creation of new models and their practical application, with a high level of analytical and numeracy skills
• Proven financial services experience with preferably a background in investment banking and a broad understanding of various loan products (including annuity loans) and structured loans.
• The ability to create policy and challenge existing policy/processes. Provide recommendations when there are multiple approaches involved and have ability to document observations
• Excellent interpersonal and Senior Management/Stakeholder management skills