- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Jan 18 2018-01-19
See job description for details
A BRM Securities Lending Quantitative Analyst will focus specifically on the Global Securities Lending business. The candidate will use their technical and analytic skills to develop processes which take advantage of our comprehensive datasets. Primary functions will be on creating new metrics, improving existing processes, and completing new modeling studies in order to enhance our industry leading analytics offering. These efforts, both tactical and strategic, will result in value added distribution to our clients and generate alpha to our internal businesses. The candidate will be expected to primarily interface with both our global BRM Sales and Trading organizations along with our Technology partners.
• Provide book level analytics permitting the creation of differentiated content
• Perform position level analysis and provide tools to improve book management
• Analyze trend information to determine potential impact to our business
• Study data to create metrics that will identify risk, pricing inefficiencies, and trading opportunities
• Work closely with IT, securities lending sales & trading, along with other departments within the firm
• Evaluate new technology to improve existing processes and output
• Assist in desk level product development efforts
• Bachelor’s degree in business, applied mathematics, engineering, sciences
• Industry experience in financial services : 3yrs+
• Strong technical and quantitative analysis skills
• Experience with analytics packages and programming skills in Python, SQL, and VBA
• Strong communications skills
• Ability to multi-task and possess exceptional time management skills.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.