Quantitative Analyst (PHD) – $30 billion Asset Manager – London
- Competitive GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Octavius Finance
- 25 Sep 18 2018-09-25
A high performing, performance-oriented global investment manager is currently looking to add a quantitative analyst to their London investment team. You will be working in a highly skilled and dedicated quant research group. The team use quantitative methods to build models recommending stocks to analysts, based on a history of alpha-generating trade decisions. You will be responsible for the full process from start to finish - formulating the research question, data assembling from raw data in SQL, data exploration, evaluation of a range of models and implementation
In order to apply you should have a Ph.D. from a leading school, an interest in investing and a track record of excellence in a quantitative field. Previous financial experience is a plus but not essential.
- Develop quantitative models across a broad range of applications, from equity valuation models to risk management and portfolio construction
- Primary focus on equity investing, work with a range of other asset classes from fixed income to commodities and derivatives
- Perform data driven investment research and work closely with different investment teams and portfolio managers to add value for clients
- Enhance the alpha generating capabilities by leveraging on developments in technology and data such as machine learning and alternative data sources
- Intellectual curiosity and a first-class academic record including a PhD in a quantitative discipline
- Analytical and data driven thinker
- Strong self-motivation and discipline
- Demonstrated good communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience analysing and modelling large datasets
- Computer programming skills and an understanding of statistics
The ideal candidate will have a PHD + 1-3 years’ experience in a quantitative position.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is highly analytical and very driven. You should be looking for a role where you can work and combine ideas with other PHD qualified analysts. In addition to working in a quant research capacity you will also have full exposure and be part of the fundamental investment process.
In order to apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02080044029
Interviews have already begun to take place.