Quantitative Data Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 15 Nov 18
Quantitative Data Engineer - Contract
HSBC urgently requires a Quantitative Data Engineer to join our Global Equity Research team tasked with enhancing the 'Visualiser' platform a collection of internally developed tools that support analysis, research and implementation related to the investment process for AMG's equity products. These tools are used for stock ranking, investment idea generation, investment decision recording, portfolio optimization, performance analysis, risk analysis.
The role of the Quantitative Data Engineer within the team will be to work on the Visualiser platform and evolve the existing batch based R + C# + MSSQL + binary flat file technology stack into a new event driven data pipeline that can be hosted internally or at a later stage on Google Cloud Platform. This will involve contributing to the architecture, design and development of the platform and, collaborate with IT co-workers to ensure solutions are developed, tested, deployed and supported according to relevant group standards.
- Demonstrate extensive programming experience and good understanding of solid development principals. Experience with the design and implantation of fully integrated back end platforms essential together with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Design, build, test and support Visualiser with a focus on building out data pipelines, data models and distribution routes.
- Creating full automation around the build, test and deployment of infrastructure as well as the application platform itself, evolving Visualiser's existing structure to be fully event driven for incoming datasets, analytical execution and distribution
- Build automation into every aspect of the platform and create strong data models to accurately represent relational and non-relational data and build APIs on top of them in order to make them accessible to users and systems
- Ensure that all requirements defined by the research teams are successfully delivered through the application and ensure that these are understood, reviewed and signed off
- Perform functional analysis (data, systems and interfaces) and translate business requirements into functional requirements and designs, implementing those requirements seeking efficient and effective solutions to business problems
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience with building data analytics pipelines and building data access APIs
- Accomplished in the use of C# and Python with R highly advantageous
- Experience with relational databases and exposure to equity data modelling would be extremely advantageous
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or equivalent (AWS/Azure)
- Experience with infrastructure as code automation is highly desirable
- Familiar with script automation in Windows (DOS or PowerShell)
- Familiar with source control and agile development principals
The base location for this role is our HQ at 8 Canada Square, Canary Wharf. London.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.