- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Apr 19
Our software engineering team currently seeks a talented quantitative developer to join a research and data driven organisation.
You will directly support key business initiatives by using software to help solve challenging research problems. You will focus on tangible outcomes for end users and work closely with them to deliver reliable, high quality software and user experiences. The role will involve taking ownership of tasks and being pro-active in pursuing their solutions.
Actively contribute to the evolution of our technology teams, processes and platforms to help maximise our ability to respond quickly to new ideas.
- Ability to convey messages clearly and directly, whether in person, on the phone or email.
- Listening to and understanding other people’s points of view, being open-minded when you disagree.
- Giving, receiving and encouraging feedback from others in conversations and through thoughtful code reviews.
- Being passionate about programming practices such as test-driven development, domain driven design or simple design.
Skills and Qualifications
- Postgraduate degree, ideally PhD in an applied science.
- Proven practical experience delivering production quality code.
- Experience working with Python, C/C++, Docker/Kubernetes and Git.
- Evidence of independent work (PhD/project experience).
- High Performance computing and/or parallel compute frameworks.
- Working with large datasets.
- Experience with Kafka and/or streaming data concepts.
- Cloud development experience.