We are currently searching for exceptional talent within the Quantitative Development and Engineering space with advanced Java coding ability to join an expanding start-up firm with offices in London. You will be working alongside some of the best quants in the business, covering HFT trading systems.
Our client is a newly launched niche business in the Fintech space, covering the hedge fund and systematic trading market. The founders have been at the forefront of building cutting-edge systems from low latency trading platforms to large scale data systems and analysis for the last ten years.
You will develop algorithmic trading systems and support the technology builds, work side by side with clients, quants and data teams to design and develop truly ‘best in class’ systems.
Extensive experience in real time connectivity, trade desk support, on-desk solutions and high quality & stable code generation, are essential. Distributed systems experience is greatly valued.
This is a ‘hacker-type environment’; they are looking for out-of-the-box thinkers and radical approaches to this evermore competitive market.
- Design, develop and test real-time software for high performance programming solutions across the algorithmic trading platform
- Work closely with clients and researchers to ensure consistency and maximize efficiencies
- Operate in a rapidly changing, sometimes high-pressure but rewarding environment
Core Skills and Education:
- Masters-level Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics
- 5+ years Java development experience combined with Kotlin and Python
- Any experience of AWS is a plus
- Minimum 2 years low-latency code design and high-performance programming
- Any knowledge of distributed systems, automated trading, electronic trading or broker side interfaces is also of interest