Very interesting quant engineer/development opportunities for an exciting company. Here you can have a real impact on what they are building and influence the way the project goes.
Under the leadership of the Chief Technology Officer, our client has launched a multi-year project, to redevelop and modernize the full technology stack, encompassing pricing and other analytics, risk management, market data and trade capture and reporting.
This project is nearing the end of phase one, which over the past year and a half of fast-paced exploration, design and delivery, has successfully delivered to production several key components and established the core engineering required for the new platform.
As they move into phase two, which will involve multiple and varied projects running in parallel, they have opportunities for a select few new hires to join the team.
This is a rare chance to work with and learn from the team of extremely highly regarded, experienced and friendly software engineers. Every employee has the opportunity to make a real impact to the business. The engineering team are open to new technologies and creative ideas.
- Be part of the team responsible for the major build-out of functionality on the new platform, using a combination of Rust and Python
- Project including but not limited to:
- Trade modelling and pricing
- Market data processing
- Risk reporting
- Scenario analytics tools
- Dev Ops / platform engineering
- Participate in BAU support rota (shared across Strats and Technology), providing useful opportunities to interact with colleagues across diverse areas of the business.
In general, they are looking for smart, commercial, problem-solving-oriented, "get-things-done" candidates with a proven track record of delivering robust, high performance software and quantitative analyses and with either experience in financial markets or a keen interest to learn about them.
- Advanced analytical skills (typically evidenced by a degree in maths, physics, computer science, engineering, etc.).
- A deep passion for technology and software development.
- Excellence in applied programming skills - Python, Rust, C++ or other major languages.
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrable, applied expertise in creating and validating pricing and/or risk models for use in a financial services organisation.
- Understanding of Fixed Income products and derivatives.
- A broad understanding of model risk, bringing new approaches and processes.
- Python programming experience.
- Rust programming experience.
- A track record of contributions to an open source project.
- Linux/Unix experience
- Microsoft Windows experience
- Cloud computing experience