Quantitative Execution Services - Eqs Execution Research
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
ENGINEERING What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our professionals the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside of the office. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Goldman Sachs Quantitative Execution Services (QES) is a global team responsible for execution algo and signal research, client execution solutions and generation of quantitative content and data.
Leaders in a competitive environment, we ensure that we remain at the cutting edge of academic advancements, innovation, and technology/infrastructure.
- Research and implementation of algorithmic execution strategies based on academic and in-house research as well as incorporating novel data sources and models
- Research can encompass but not limited to further advancements on intraday signals, risk, transaction cost, volume prediction and optimisation models
- Customised client analysis
- Communication with clients on both high-level ideas and deep dives in research and implementation rationale
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Master/PHD in quantitative fields such as Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics
- Solid background in Information/Signal Processing/Control Theory/Optimisation preferred
- Experience in Execution, Market/Trading Dynamics (equities) preferred for recent grads; required for those with 2+ years industry experience
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Hard-working/self-motivated personality
- Team player, great attention to detail, ability to multi-task
- Python knowledge required / Java knowledge preferred
- Q/kdb+ knowledge preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity