Quantitative Services Market Risk Senior Data Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 02 Feb 18 2018-02-02
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP) Location: London Title: Quantitative Service Market Risk Senior Data Analyst Line of Business: Quantitative Services Salary: Competitive salary and benefits
Quantitative Services Market Risk Senior Data Analyst works with Market Risk Technology & Operations leadership & the data steward team for effective execution of operational controls.
The role entails support for the effective execution and the continued evolution and enhancement of the Risk Operations BAU control processes.
The Risk Initiatives team is part of the Risk Operations Group within Quantitative Services that undertakes initiative work and provides development support for the Market Risk Data Quality team and for new and existing regulatory reporting requirements. The team develops and operates processes that require a high degree of quantitative analysis, data management and technology development.
Both the Risk Operations Team and their partners in Market Risk Technology are responsible for a large, and multiyear technology and business process transformation program that should evolve the way market risk data is managed, controlled and reported.
This role in the initiatives and data strategy team within Risk Operations will be responsible for influencing the design of the target state control environment for all trade measures while designing and implementing rapid tactical enhancements to improve the controls and business process workflow responsible for market risk data quality.
Simultaneously, while the initiatives team in the Risk Operations group is busy running this transformation program, it's crucial that BAU operations effectiveness is not compromised or degraded in anyway. By hiring an individual in this role, we will be able to ensure continuation and effectiveness of the tools used by the Market Risk operations team without having to compromise on the target state controls and operational environment.
- Daily support of the Market Risk Operations tactical toolset built using Excel/VBA, SQL (MS SQL) & Python.
- Liaise with Market Risk Technology to help prioritise system defects and enhancements for the target state controls.
- Testing support & sign-offs for the target state Market Risk controls.
- Assist other groups in database setup, design of edit checks, test plans, DQ policy decisions, etc. to
ensure data quality objectives are met.·
Your knowledge and experience must include all of the following:
- Excel/VBA expert
- SQL & Stored Procedures in MSSQL expert
- Knowledge of one more Object Oriented programming language such as Python (preferred), Java, C++
- Big Data Analysis, Data Visualization (in Tableau) & Data Mining skills
- Machine Learning is desirable
- Knowledge of financial products
- Knowledge of Global Markets Processes and System from trade capture through Middle Office and Risk Measurement
- Knowledge of Market Risk Systems and Methodologies to include use of VaR and Risk Sensitivities and manage Risk Appetite
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, team player and a curious mind-set
- Ability to work under high pressured environment
- Ability to juggle multiple conflicting priorities
- Ability to work in a large matrix organization
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.