Quartz Core Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
Quartz Core Developer
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: Quartz Core Solutions
An exciting opportunity as a Quartz Core Developer is available for a talented individual to work in a dynamic growing tech environment.
Quartz is the firm-wide pricing and risk framework providing front, middle & back office functions across a number of asset classes and lines of business. This role is for a position within the Quartz Core Solutions team working in collaboration with various teams to deliver strategic projects on the Quartz Platform. This is an excellent opportunity to push the platform forward for the bank, whilst providing exposure to many technologies and business areas.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- We're looking for someone who will be keen to dig deep into our technology
- You will working in a small, highly-focused team with a very agile culture in London with interactions both within our global team and a number of business and technical partners
- You will be crafting, developing and extending critical applications including core pricing and risk functionality
- You will be a senior member within the team ; mentoring and supervising the more junior members to ensure they are motivated and momentum is sustained
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Great teammate; you contribute to building a positive team environment
- Dedicated; good track record of delivery
- Experience with front-office pricing and risk systems
- Knowledge of financial instruments and market data modelling
- Any knowledge of Python would be helpful
- Any interest in, and knowledge, of functional languages
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment