Quartz Core Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 21 Apr 18 2018-04-21
Quartz Core Engineer
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: Quartz Core
An exciting opportunity as a Quartz Core Engineer is available for a talented individual to work in a team of 15, half being solutions focussed and half being engineering focussed, in our Quartz Core area of the bank.
Quartz is the firm-wide pricing and risk framework providing front, middle & back office functions across a number of asset classes and lines of business. This role is for a position within the Quartz Core Engineering team working on enhancing the software development processes and tooling for the Quartz platform. This is an exciting opportunity to push the platform forward for the bank, providing exposure to a number of technologies.
We're looking for someone who will be keen to dig deep into our technology and processes. You will be working in a small highly focused team with a very agile culture in London, with interactions both within our global team and our global user base. You will be developing and enhancing both the platform and the software development processes that it uses. As a member of the SDLC team you will cover the full suite of developer processes and tools, including; design, testing, release and governance.
As a Quartz Core Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- You will own the defined process of developing and releasing new tools and processes to allow the bank to deliver on Quartz
- You will carry out checks and controls as part of this, managing the overview of the process and managing pragmatic checks using available tools to support this
- You will carry out peer reviews of each change that is released and record your reviews in the backend of the system
- You will integrate with the enterprise system and use JIRA to enhance tooling
- You will upgrade and roll out new versions and get involved with developers in regards to problems with upgrades, troubleshooting problems and fixing platforms to help improve productivity for developers
As a Quartz Core Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Computer Science educational background or equivalent experience preferred
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Great team-working skills
- A good track record of delivery
- Any knowledge of Python would be helpful
- Any knowledge of C++ would be helpful
- Enthusiasm and excitement at producing great technology
- Collaboration and working as a team player discussing design, reviewing code and collaborating on development
- Solid analytic skills and attention to detail
- Great interest and enthusiasm for new technologies
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.