Quartz Software Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
Quartz Software Developer
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President (AVP)
Line of Business: GBAM Tech
Are you a high-energy Tech professional who works with integrity? Our London office has a great opportunity as a Quartz Software Developer available within our growing GBAM Tech space.
Remote Risk is the FICC wide risk engine application with critical components utilized across business line technology teams. Our team requires a Senior Developer with experience in risk systems to work directly with the LOB partners.
You will engage on developing and improving our key remote risk components and also engage with LOB technology teams. Specifically working to improve the efficiency of the remote risk architecture by implementing software changes, and improve tooling.
You will be working on improving the core components and the interactions within the Quartz architecture. As we continue to on-board new businesses to remote risk the demands on the scalability of the infrastructure and key components will continue to rise.
You will join a global, diverse team with colleagues in London, New York, Chicago, India and most recently Singapore so your excellent communication skills are critical. You will possess excellent Python skills and some experience with the line of business products used. Progression opportunities will be available in the future for you and the team are happy to give you additional responsibilities should you wish to further your skills.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- You will interact with the Quartz core and LOB partners daily, working closely with the teams in the region to ensure that the relevant components are built to work horizontally across all LOBs
- You will work in Remote Risk which is a set of complex libraries with layered interactions across components, resulting in a steep learning curve. As a skilled full time developer, you can develop a deep knowledge of the system and its architecture over time and contribute to the core team
- Remote Risk utilization is in a growth period as we continue to build more businesses as part of the CPRT programme and therefore we will have an increased dependency on skilled staff to solve complex problems
- The Remote Risk Core team is involved in numerous deliverables for the year for CPRT and Intraday
- Many of these initiatives serve as pre-requisites for upcoming regulatory asks such as FRTB and will position us well for future regulatory tasks
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Python skills are important however if you have good Java experience and can demonstrate an interest in learning Python you will also be considered
- Front office risk experience is required, ideally with exposure to one or more front office products such as credit, commodities or bonds
- Architecture and infrastructure experience. You will have knowledge around system scalability, storage and capacity and be able to suggest improvements
- Understanding of high performance computing concepts
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.