RBWM D&I Online Community Developer
Role Title: RBWM D&I Online Community Developer - Part-Time Business: Retail Banking and Wealth Management New or Existing Role: New Grade: GCB6 Role Purpose
Key Accountabilities Impact on Business
- The role supports the diversity and inclusion (D&I) agenda for one of the bankâ€™s four global businesses: Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM). The role holder will primarily be responsible for technically supporting and developing the RBWM Fulfilling our Potential Online Community which is intended as a â€one-stop-shopâ€™ for all Diversity & Inclusion content. This internal site provides colleagues with access to existing resources and policies, information on the latest D&I campaigns and events, and news updates from across the globe. It also gives them a safe place to share stories and engage in discussion around D&I topics.
- The online community is in its infancy. The role holder will be responsible for its further development, including increasing engagement and followership, ensuring it is updated with the latest information on D&I topics, and helping to enable opportunities for two-way dialogue.
- The role holder will be expected to review the existing online community, and look for ways to refresh and modernise it. As the online community developer, the role holder will be responsible for the SharePoint application design as well as development and maintenance of the site.
- The role reports into the Senior Fulfilling our Potential Senior Manager within the RBWM Chief Control Officer (CCO) team and will work closely with the RBWM Fulfilling our Potential Online Community Manager who is responsible for content development for the site.
- The role is part-time and is based in London.
Customers / Stakeholders
- SharePoint application design, development and maintenance for the Fulfilling our Potential online community
- Further develop the online community, improving the look and feel, and improve the navigation and user journey
- Working with the RBWM Communications team, look at ways to build in two-way discussion and social media channels
- Create and change permission levels on the team site and assign permissions to users and groups as required
- Analyse business management requirements
- Liaise with SharePoint admin team to conduct regular space management, ensuring the site does not go over space restrictions and manage site migrations, including mapping of old files to new and writing user communications
Leadership & Teamwork
- Builds close relationships with:
- In RBWM - RBWM D&I working group, Communications, HR
- Across the group â€" Group D&I, Global D&I practitioners group, Group HR Communications
- Build an audience network across Global RBWM
- Uses these relationships to:
- Develop best-in-class SharePoint applications and community
- Participate in design and problem solving forums
- Ensure that these applications align to Group-wide solutions.
- Facilitate digital communications and collaboration of Global RBWM employees
- Manage incidents and provide 2nd line user support
- Ensure change requests are implemented as per change request process
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Participate in meetings with key stakeholders around the requirements analysis and monitoring progress on the development of the site
- Participate in team meetings to provide the update on assigned projects and share lessons learned
- Act on consultancy basis to assist training/coaching for other team members or site owners to maintain/upload content to the site
- Leverage best practices from other parts of HSBC whenever possible to avoid duplication of effort and cost
- Help towards ensuring that the content owners have been trained to the highest possible standards
- Support best practice within the D&I working group
- Escalate issues when they arise
- Track and measure the delivery and impact of content shared via the online community
- Adhere to all Global Communications policies and standards
- Operate within the employee communications and media relations governance frameworks
Management of Risk
- Comply with Group policies and procedures, ensuring all required records are retained as appropriate
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimise the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with section B.1.2 of the Group Operations FIM.
- Maintain and observe HSBC internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators. Foster a compliance culture and implement Group Compliance Policy by managing compliance risk.
- Excellent knowledge of SharePoint functionality
- Working knowledge of SharePoint Designer
- Experience and working knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS and ability to use it effectively in SharePoint environment
- Working knowledge of ASP.NET desired
- Experience in workflow design, preferably knowledge of Nintex
- General knowledge of Adobe CC applications, Dreamweaver, Photoshop desired
- Good knowledge of MS office tools
- Good understanding UI/UX design principles and ability to apply them in SharePoint
- Strong collaboration experience with Global teams
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders
- Excellent written communication and troubleshooting skills
- Sensitive to user's needs and in responding to users on their queries
- Eye for detail and organisation working with multiple non-integrated systems
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team, particularly under pressure and competing priorities
- Accountable for his/her actions
- Experience in working multiple users across the globe
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and team player
We are a diverse workforce and it is part of our organizational culture, it reflects our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization. We strive to implement a culture that is inclusive, diverse, positive and performance-oriented. Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.