A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. POSITION PURPOSE:
The RFP Specialist plays a critical role in collating, coordinating and integrating qualitative and quantitative information in order to meet the firm's client servicing and sales objectives across EMEA. The RFP Specialist acts with minimal supervision to ensure outputs including, but not limited to: Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Information (RFI), and Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQ) are created accurately and timely in accordance with client expectations.
The primary responsibilities of the RFP Specialist are:
Principal Responsibilities: Request for Proposal Project Management
- Creating the initial draft response with special attention to aligning our standard database responses to the questionnaire questions on topic such as the firm, its products and operational process. The RFP Specialist will ensure that answers are compliant and relevant to the region, business segment and vehicle type,
- Participation in kick off meetings with key stakeholders in the firm to help understand RFP requirements, co-ordinate the response and troubleshoot any potential challenges,
- Sourcing quantitative information and acting as proxy for the RFP Editor in the delegation of outputs to data suppliers and review data inputs for accuracy,
- Identifying and researching outliers and serving as lead interface to senior-level subject matter experts (SMEs) and client-facing associates on questions associated with each RFP or related output,
- Interacting with Investment Strategy Writers, RFP Content Managers and members of Investments to update content in the RFP database, and
- End to end production of certain standard question set client/prospect requests.
- The RFP Specialist employs a project management approach to facilitate the production of RFPs through the following steps:
Due Diligence Project Management
- Planning - Gather background information, define tasks/timelines and prioritise workload accordingly;
- Research - Search for and collate suitable responses to questions from the RFP database and other relevant information repositories;
- Co-ordination of Outliers - Identify any content creation requirements, and organise outgoing and incoming responses with our SMEs;
- Review - Analyse documents for accuracy and completeness, and finalize document for delivery;
- Retention and Reporting - Manage and save all correspondence and report metrics.
- This role involves managing deadline dependencies across multiple data and content contributors.
- In addition to the above, the RFP Specialist is also responsible for coordinating the completion of annual and ad-hoc DDQs in the support of client retention efforts which includes careful attention to the following non-standard factors: at-risk clients, time zone/country coordination, multi-TRP reporting entities, custom vs standard requests, institutional vs intermediary client response level, division owner (Operations, Legal, Sales) and previous DDQ roadmap. Content Aggregation and Capture
- Utilizing the RFP database, the RFP Specialist is the primary source for identifying the most suitable response for questions and ensuring the content is in compliance with RFP content management standards. The RFP Specialist may draw upon sources outside of the content repository such as kit pages or the TRP intranet, to develop RFP content or ensure consistency across collateral.
In addition, the RFP Specialist must refine the document employing high editorial standards, an ability to cite passages that may require clarification and supporting proof/data points, analysing and amending content/data gaps, and confirming strategy/product alignment. The RFP Specialist is also charged with being a contributing manager to the processes/procedures and document management arc, including ongoing review and upgrade of both practices and outputs, in order to support volumes and scalability. In that role, the RFP Specialist must be adept at value chain management from conception to completion so that the unit's content is managed smoothly and seamlessly in the service of competitive and compelling outputs.
Risk mitigation is a key objective for the RFP Specialist. He/she would play a lead role to ensure that original or revised answers are captured and vetted, in association with contributors such as the RFP Content Management Team, so that outliers are converted into answers, all attributes are captured and SMEs are not burdened with repeat requests. Strategy/Product Alignment
- The RFP Specialist is responsible for ensuring strategy/product alignment, which includes analysing consistency of investment content from various sources, including selective interaction with Investment Management. This requires participation in Portfolio Specialist quarterly calls and other means of communication in order to keep abreast of strategy/vehicle developments in terms of structure, staffing, performance and competitive strengths. The RFP Specialist will work closely with Proposal Content Managers on the ongoing development of and/or upgrade of new and existing investment and non-investment content. Relationship Management
- The RFP Specialist will help to coordinate strategic alliances and solidify RFP stakeholder relationships across the organization including proactively communicating with all internal team members- RFP Editors, Proposal Content Managers, Investment Strategy Writers-to ensure a smooth production process. Moreover, the RFP Specialist will manage selective and impactful encounters with high-level SMEs in Investment Management, Legal, Compliance, Operations, Trading and other areas on a global basis. This requires subject matter mastery and the ability to clearly define the need and expectation around the encounter. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS: Required:
- Relevant degree and/or work experience within the sector (minimum 2 to 3 years)
- Meaningful understanding of the investment industry
- IMC or equivalent
- Experience in either the completion of RFPs, RFIs and Due Diligence requests or in a relevant function such as Client Reporting & Sales Presentations Production
- Familiar with Rocketdocs or similar RFP repository.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong editing/writing
- Strong project management skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task
- Motivated self-starter with ability to implement tactical initiative
- Able to adjust to changes in workflow and direction
- Full understanding of MS Office product suite (with a focus on Word and Excel)
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.