- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
RFP Specialist - Fixed Income & ESG
RFP Specialist - Fixed Income & ESGTeam Overview
The global marketing function is responsible for all aspects of marketing to Retail, Intermediary, Institutional, Insurance Asset Management and Financial Institutions Groups clients. Marketing includes event organisation, production of literature, Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and presentations, digital, PR and advertising.
Overview of Role
Positioned within global marketing, the Business Development Services team supports the gaining of new clients and servicing of existing clients. The team covers Institutional and Intermediary channels across the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The Business Development Services Specialist will work closely with Distribution and Product teams to complete Request for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs) and Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs) for prospects and clients.
The role holder will specialise in responding to requests across Schroders's Fixed Income and ESG (Environment, Social and Governance) product ranges, as well as at the firm-level.
The individual will be required to produce first class, timely, professional output that will continue to build Schroders' profile, profitability and client base whilst liaising effectively with stakeholders across Schroders.
The job holder will be expected to demonstrate Schroders' Values: striving for Excellence; working with Innovation & Teamwork; having Passion and Integrity.
• Prepare accurate, complete first drafts and polished final, compliant RFPs, RFIs, DDQs and related materials that supports the gaining of new clients and servicing of existing clients. This includes developing key messages into an executive summary for RFPs to deliver a compelling submission.
• Specialise in Fixed Income, ESG and firm-wide information
• Ensure submissions are completed by the required deadline, maintaining an open line of communication with all parties involved.
• Demonstrate the ability to work consistently, diligently and well under pressure. Always work with others in an open and co-operative way.
• Liaise with Product, Distribution, Infrastructure and other subject matter experts to obtain the right information and prepare detailed proposal content. Edit standard and bespoke material to suit the client's requirements.
• Implement the team's best practice proposal process in each submission, applying it appropriately depending on the complexity of the individual submission.
• Follow the defined processes for the use of the RFP database (Qvidian), including identifying new or updated content to be included on a timely basis.
• Co-ordinate and assume end-to-end ownership of submissions from allocation through to delivery.
• Demonstrate professional behaviours and a "can do attitude". Maintain focus on delivering to a high standard in a rigorous and professional way. Be motivated to achieve the best and expect the best from others.
• Provide support to other team and department members, particularly during the busiest periods.
• Contribute to team and department initiatives.
• Undertake data checks for other team members, and once appropriate and training received, compliance checks.
• Assist other business areas within Schroders as required.
• Where appropriate attend Schroders and external industry events to further market and product knowledge
• Record and file all materials in accordance with FCA requirements and the process manual.
Knowledge & experience:
• Financial services or asset management experience is desirable. Asset management RFP experience is advantageous.
• Experience in relation to Fixed Income securities or investment products.
• Experience in relation ESG and firm-wide information is advantageous.
• Strong team player, with the ability to use own initiative and a self-starter.
• Ability to interact effectively in a professional environment.
• Experience using a content database (i.e. Qvidian or equivalent) is advantageous
• Proactive approach to tasks
• Strong numeracy and literacy
• Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills
• Efficient and well-organised
• Good interpersonal skills
• Candidates should be educated to degree-level (or equivalent)
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
• Language skills an advantage
• IMC (or equivalent, or the ambition to do so)