Rates eTrading Application Support
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 19 Sep 18 2018-09-19
Rates eTrading Application Support
Corporate Title: Up to Vice President (Up to VP)
Line of Business: CTO
Are you a dedicated, dynamic Tech professional? Can you work with integrity to deliver consistent success?
This position will be an integral part of the EMEA contingent supporting the local needs of Rates eTrading in Front and Middle Office. This will include:
- End-user support for business users in the EMEA region. Support of the eTrading application platforms, pricing and risk queries and exchange connectivity
- Collaborating with MAPS colleagues in other regions to ensure proper handover of issues.
- Striving for continual improvement of team and application processes to make us more efficient
- Incident Management of system outages and Problem Management to prevent recurrence
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Operational oversight of core team functions
- First point of contact for end business users in Rates eTrading
- Ownership and delivery of on-boarding support of or processes into the MAPS organization
- Build and maintain partnerships with business partners, application development personnel, and infrastructure contacts
- Monitoring and alerting of critical trading system environments
- Fixing of complex systems issues
- Dedicated identification and resolution of problem hotspots
- Development of tools and driving efficiency/stability improvements
- Accurate tracking of support effort to enable effective management reporting
- Release implementation of change management policy
- Major Incident management and Problem Management
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Ideally a degree level qualification in a technical subject, however equivalent experience in a support environment is most important
- Additionally, you should be able to demonstrate experience or skills consistent with providing leadership, direction and day-to-day operational oversight
Core Technical Skills:
- Operating systems: Linux primarily
- ITIL Certification or performed in a role that demonstrates application of the principles
- Scripting languages: Unix Shell, Python
- SQL (intermediate level: multi-table joins, grouping results, stored procedures)
- Grid computing (e.g. Data Synapse), job scheduling (Autosys, Crontab) & batch management
- Deep understanding of infrastructure disciplines (network, server, storage, messaging)
- Enterprise Monitoring - ITRS Geneos
- Documentation (Confluence)
- Experience with exchange connectivity - e.g. ION MarketView and the main ECN's
- Familiarity with Bloomberg and Reuters
- Personal Skills - be resilient and confident working in a high pressure FO trading environment. Superb communication skills essential. Leadership.
Relevant areas of business expertise would include:
- Product knowledge - Rates eTrading SME, RFQ flows, Government Bonds, Agencies, Supras, Futures, Swaps, Inflation-linked products, US Treasuries and Bills
- Market data - yield curves, funding curves, volatility / correlation surfaces (general understanding / familiarity)
Nice to have:
- Broadway experience
- Familiarity or basic coding knowledge of Python, .NET, or Java applications
- Awareness of MiFID2 and its impact on pre-trade
- Take Ownership - Takes pride in his/her own work; demonstrates a sense of commitment to work and willingly assumes responsibility for accomplishing objectives; is dependable, and conscientiously follows through on commitments.
- Problem Solver - Demonstrates the ability to clearly define problems, identify root causes and generate effective solutions
- Acts as a Customer/Client Advocate - Anticipates and takes ownership of customer/client needs and problems, delivering with speed and accuracy
- Demonstrates Flexibility - Shows resilience under ambiguous, changing or demanding circumstances
- Communicates Effectively - Clearly conveys information and ideas to others, listens actively and correctly interprets messages from others, communicates in a clear and logical manner, focusing on key points, adapts communication to suit the audience, seeks input from others and checks to ensure understanding
- Focuses on Process Improvement - Demonstrates the ability to identify and recommend changes in BAC procedures, products, or services to improve outcomes such as productivity and customer satisfaction, identifies changes to produce targeted levels of process improvement, maps processes, collects data and analyses processes to uncover root causes of problems, sees opportunities to improve business processes, products and/or services, takes action to implement process improvements or notifies others of improvement opportunities as appropriate
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.