Rating Advisory Trainee
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 15 Mar 18 2018-03-15
Societe Generale is one of the largest financial services groups in Europe and has been serving the needs of its clients in the UK for more than 100 years through a range of businesses.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department Within Debt Capital Market (DCM), Rating advisory team is bringing value-added expertise on Rating advisory and Advisory matters to profitably deepen relationships with key financial institutions clients at Societe Generale.
The internship will be based in London, and the intern is expected to work with both London and Paris teams.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
• Assist team in preparing presentations to clients
• Ensure permanent monitoring of the market (rating news, regulatory news, ....)
• Develop in-depth credit analysis skills on a forward-looking and dynamic basis
• Develop a good understanding of the corporate financing world and its dynamics, from both a bank financing and capital market perspective
Summary of responsibilities
• Research on banks and insurance companies
• Collection and collation of financial and rating related data including the creation and maintenance of associated databases
• Analysis and comparison of rating agency methodologies
• Development and use of financial models (Excel)
• Contribute to the daily news and newsletters to clients
Level of Autonomy and Authority
Intern – any contact to external parties should be supervised and authorised by relevant managers.
Competencies• Good notions in finance
• Microsoft Office package
• Previous experience in banking / insurance is a plus
• Exposure to financial Institutions sector is a plus
• Attention to detail
Previous experience in banking / financial services is a plus
Exposure to Financial institutions is also a plus
BA / Bsc / Master in finance/economics
English - Mandatory
Another language is a plus