- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
GLOBAL INFRASTRUCTURE FINANCE - RATINGS ANALYST, LONDON
S&P Global Ratings is seeking a professional with about relevant experience in analysing financial institutions to join its Global Infrastructure Finance team based in London, Paris, Stockholm or Frankfurt as a Rating Analyst. We are seeking a rigorous, hard worker, motivated and skilled team-player candidate who can demonstrate analytical skills to internal and external audiences, and maintain and enhance the quality and timeliness of our analysis. The candidate will have to demonstrate an excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. This position will give the successful candidate the opportunity to be involved in advanced analytical work in a stimulating international working environment with great opportunities for career progression and personal development.
S&P Global, the world's leading Credit Rating Services Company, is the principal provider of timely, objective credit analysis and information to customers throughout the world. The Financial Services team in Europe comprises Financial Institutions and Insurance teams located in several European offices, the London hub being the largest.
Successful candidates will:
Manage and maintain surveillance on a rating portfolio of credits and support the team in its day to day activities, notably data gathering activities. Perform credit analysis demonstrating the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issue and issuer credit ratings, through the application of the relevant S&P Global Ratings criteria. Lead new transaction and issuer ratings analysis and deliver outcomes in a timely, orderly and insightful manner. Develop and maintain an understanding of industry trends and issues. Take responsibility for ratings as a primary analyst. Attend meetings and interact with senior management of issuers to obtain information upon which to base credit rating decisions. Prepare the rating committee documentation, present findings and opinions to a credit rating committee. Prepare a variety of material suitable for publication on S&P Global Ratings credit portal and other media (such as rating trends reports, press releases, and detailed commentaries) sufficient to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis. Support the team in its day to day activities, notably data gathering activities. Share specific analytical expertise, any useful know how, and ideas to improve group operations. Maintain integrity of analytical or compliance related databases as appropriate.
- Have ideally relevant years of demonstrable experience with a large commercial bank, investment bank, investing institution or an audit company, or rating agency, working in the field of bank credit analysis.
- Good knowledge of Utilities would be a plus.
- Have strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statements and accounting concepts.
- Be numerate and accurate with figures and detail orientated with the ability to maintain accuracy whilst complying with deadlines.
- Be proficient at working with financial models.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English are essential. Fluency in other European languages is an advantage, but not a prerequisite.
- The ability to work both independently and within a team environment is critical.
- Be educated to degree level in a relevant business related field, a relevant Master's degree, CFA or financial qualification would be desirable.
- Be willing to travel, sometimes at short notice.
- Be computer literate having strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills. Ability to prepare forecasts based upon reasoned assumptions will be required.
- Possess solid communication skills, verbal and written, as well as the capacity to expand learn and to make a contribution.