Real Estate Analyst
- Competitve GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Sarasin & Partners LLP
- 14 Sep 18 2018-09-14
Sarasin & Partners is a specialist asset manager, managing £14.1 billion on behalf of private clients, charities, intermediaries and institutions in the UK and around the world. Our aim is to always deliver lasting value for our clients. We believe that a thematic approach focussed on recognising the key structural (rather than cyclical) trends in quoted real estate investments produces compelling returns. Sarasin & Partners LLP is looking for a Real Estate Analyst to join our London office.
This role would suit an Analyst or Portfolio Manager with buy-side real estate equity portfolio management experience with a passion for investing, which fully embeds long-term thematic value drivers including ESG factors. The primary job role is to research real estate companies to deliver investment outperformance over the long term (3-5yrs) in a responsible manner.
- Build and maintain models on listed real estate companies.
- Ensure that stock notes are refreshed in a timely manner and adequately reflect the key thematic, valuation, stewardship drivers that underpin the investment thesis.
- Contribute to the development of themes/clusters at the ISG and the Global Themes meeting.
- Create, check and implement trades and proactively manage their progression with the dealers.
- Actively contribute to regular investment team meetings and participate in the ISG and IPC as needed.
- Support the product development and marketing needs of the key stake holders.
- Research and monitor alpha generating thematic ideas from the real estate investment universe.
- Contribute a number of these ideas to the global buy list in order to generate superior long-term performance.
- Build company financial models and valuation criteria, which embed environmental, social and governance (ESG) value drivers and risks, to support stock ideas.
- Produce written research on real estate stocks in line with agreed team formats.
- Write theme related articles and research notes and identify opportunity sets.
- Research and monitor derivative overlays and strategies as relevant.
- Review all corporate actions on stock ideas and communicate actions required.
Required job skills:
- Experience as a REIT analyst (global) with a preference for past exposure to US REITs.
- A passion for investing, which fully embed long-term value drivers including ESG factors. Broad financial markets knowledge.
- Personal skills: excellent oral and written communication, a team player, strong interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task & prioritize, highly organized, good attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills based on thematic and fundamental rigor, including an understanding of ESG materiality.
- A thorough understanding of financial modeling and valuation.
- Negotiation /persuasion skill to successfully engage with management.
- Critical thinker, comfortable with taking-on measured risk.
- Qualifications in IMC, CFA are desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of the MS Office (especially Excel) and Bloomberg.
Sarasin & Partners LLP offers a highly competitive remuneration package and an excellent benefits programme. To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before the close of business on Friday, 31 August 2018.