Our client, a leading investment firm who manage a wide array of asset classes and investment strategies are keen to make an addition to their highly successful Real Estate team. This is a superb opportunity for an Analyst with approx. 2 years experience working in Real Estate Investments to support the growth of the existing team and its wider Environment, Social And Governance (“ESG”) objectives.
- Support the Investment Director and the wider Real Estate team in the management of the Real Estate Fund and Client Balance Sheet Real Estate assets.
- Data management and analysis to support investment monitoring, underwriting and reporting.
- Ability to distil large amounts of information/research into crisp conclusions; analyse, interpret and critique financial models, work to deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Produce relevant qualitative and quantitative analysis more broadly to support the wider team and organisation.
- Assisting the team to ensure the IPV is managed in accordance with relevant responsible investment policies and frameworks.
- Contributing to the recording of information on IPV stewardship (engagement with managers and companies on ESG issues) for inclusion in Company’s quarterly RI reporting to clients and external disclosure on stewardship (PRI/UK Stewardship Code).
- Participate in the development of tools, frameworks and approaches which support systematic integration of ESG considerations into investment, portfolio monitoring, stewardship and reporting procedures, via clear, consistent, repeatable, and evidenced processes .
- They will support the Company’s broader effort to extend ESG integration and will specifically contribute to expanding internal capabilities to understand, measure, manage, and monitor portfolio ESG risks and opportunities to help build a more sustainable portfolio.
Background & Experience:
- Degree level educated preferably gained within a real estate, finance, economics or mathematics related discipline. Possession of post-graduate qualification or professional accreditation (e.g., MRICS, MBA, CFA, CAIA or equivalent) is an advantage
- At least 2 years’ experience in real estate investment or similar
- Strong quantitative analysis and financial modelling skills particularly in Excel.
- Applicant must be able to create and interpret complex real estate investment models
- Working knowledge of real estate investment strategies, capital markets and broad understanding of the range of real estate asset classes and relevant fund manager universes
- Knowledge of and a passion for Responsible Investment including existing knowledge of industry initiatives, practice standards, regulatory requirements and ESG integration techniques, would be preferable.
- Proactive mindset with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail orientation, problem solver, ability to synthesise data to make relevant and logical inferences.
- Team player with ability to engage productively both within and outside immediate team to produce results
- Intellectually curious, desire to grow and develop knowledge
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted