Real Estate Debt Analyst
- Highly competitive
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- PIMCO Europe Ltd
- 08 Apr 19
This position will form part of PIMCO’s European Real Estate business, which currently employs c. 25 investment professionals. This team is active in sourcing, underwriting, executing and managing both public and private real estate transactions in Europe. The team invests across the capital structure (equity, mezzanine, debt and structured finance) and is able to look at all real estate asset classes, having invested over $1.5bn out of its BRAVO II Fund in past 4 years across European CRE in a wide variety of deal types.
PIMCO, is a global investment management firm that was founded in Southern California in 1971. As of December 31, 2018, PIMCO has $1.66 trillion in assets under management, 795+ investment professionals and approx. 2,500 total employees. The firm serves an array of clients and manages retirement and other assets that reach more than 8 million people in the U.S. and millions more around the world. PIMCO’s clients include state, municipal, union and private sector pension and retirement plans; educational, foundations, endowments, philanthropic and healthcare institutions; individual and investment saving accounts; and public sector reserve management and other public entities in North and South America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. PIMCO is owned by Allianz S.E., a global diversified financial services provider.
PIMCO Real Estate is part of PIMCO’s Alternatives platform with over $34 billion in assets under management across a mix of private equity, evergreen and hedge fund vehicles, and with a range of target returns. The alternatives platform comprises a broad and growing suite of flexible strategies, focused primarily on corporate, real estate and specialty finance sectors, as well as securities trading, and spanning the US, Europe and emerging markets. The teams dedicated to these alternatives strategies are integrated into PIMCO’s firm-wide global macroeconomic and Analytics resources. The PIMCO Real Estate team has a broad investment mandate, including investments in private and public equity and debt in real estate and real-estate related assets. Whether we invest in commercial and residential properties and portfolios, or directly into real estate operating companies and servicing platforms, we seek to apply a consistent set of investment principles and analytics, leveraging both public and private data points.
The Analyst will work with all members of the team (debt and equity), focusing on financial underwriting and gaining exposure to all aspects of the investment process.
- Develop and maintain cash flow models for potential investments including capital structures for debt instruments
- Prepare investment memos to be presented to PIMCO investment committees
- Assist with due diligence relating to new investments, including the formulation and review of business plans and coordination of legal, technical and commercial underwriting
- Support financing activities for both new and existing investments, including evaluation of different financing options, legal coordination and negotiation with lenders
- Conduct market research in order to identify new investment opportunities / themes
- Preference for university degree in mathematical, financial, economic or engineering related subject
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Ideally at least 1 year of relevant experience within a Real Estate Team (e.g. Real Estate Finance, Real Estate Principal Investments, M&A / Investment Banking, Corporate Finance, Strategy Consulting etc.)
- Strong work ethic and integrity: candidate should be a team player who is proactive, self-motivated and have a deep intellectual curiosity and desire to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Ability to prioritise and meet multiple deadlines
- Additional European languages a plus