Real Estate Debt Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- PIMCO Europe Ltd
- 26 May 19
Real Estate Debt Analyst
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.76 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,600 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
This position will form part of PIMCO's European Real Estate business, which currently employs c. 25 investment professionals. This team is active in sourcing, underwriting, executing and managing both public and private real estate transactions in Europe. The team invests across the capital structure (equity, mezzanine, debt and structured finance) and is able to look at all real estate asset classes, having invested over $1.5bn out of its BRAVO II Fund in past 4 years across European CRE in a wide variety of deal types.
The Analyst will work with all members of the team (debt and equity), focusing on financial underwriting and gaining exposure to all aspects of the investment process.
- Develop and maintain cash flow models for potential investments including capital structures for debt instruments
- Prepare investment memos to be presented to PIMCO investment committees
- Assist with due diligence relating to new investments, including the formulation and review of business plans and coordination of legal, technical and commercial underwriting
- Support financing activities for both new and existing investments, including evaluation of different financing options, legal coordination and negotiation with lenders
- Conduct market research in order to identify new investment opportunities / themes
- Preference for university degree in mathematical, financial, economic or engineering related subject
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Ideally at least 1 year of relevant experience within a Real Estate Team (e.g. Real Estate Finance, Real Estate Principal Investments, M&A / Investment Banking, Corporate Finance, Strategy Consulting etc.)
- Strong work ethic and integrity: candidate should be a team player who is proactive, self-motivated and have a deep intellectual curiosity and desire to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Ability to prioritise and meet multiple deadlines
- Additional European languages a plus
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office