Our client is a successful UK hospitality & real estate developer company and a curator of branded properties. With a strong track record, which focuses on three main areas in their UK focused market - namely site acquisition and development, hotel acquisitions and hotel management. They currently have an opening for a Real Estate Finance Lawyer to join their business.
Key responsibilities of the role will entail the following duties:
- Negotiating and drafting loan agreements, heads of terms and supporting documents
- Loan agreements for senior and mezzanine lending as well as short term bridging finance (c. £20-120m) and longer term investment loans
- Development loans for major sites in central London
- Dealing with acquisition finance for development sites (c. £10-120m)
- Dealing with acquisition finance for buying existing hotels in the same value range
- Work entirely debtor side. Lenders range from “traditional” commercial debts to specialist debt funds.
- Working directly with the Managing Director as well as the General Counsel and the firm’s in-house real estate counsel and the head of strategic development.
- Working on developing a new brand of boutique central London and “university town” hotels, each with its own individual boutique identity within an overall brand.
- Member of the Executive Team
The client is looking for an individual who will take responsibility for “leading” the legal side of the transaction with limited supervision and also for pushing the deals through commercially. The job as much about being responsible for execution of deals as pure legal.
It is a great opportunity for a well qualified real estate finance lawyer, probably currently in a practice / advisory role, to join a dynamic and forward thinking organisation. Career prospects are excellent.