Our client is a boutique financier which works across a multitude of assets, including real estate and alternatives. They are currently experiencing a period of considerable growth and as such are seeking a temporary Financial Controller to join their London-based finance team. This position will focus on process improvement, coordinating with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure robust management reporting and financial controls are implemented. The successful candidate will have previous financial services experience within a similar position.
- Prepare monthly management accounts for SPV and JV companies.
- Liaise with senior debt and JV partners to ensure that loan covenant and reporting obligations are met.
- Maintain JVC cash positions and develop forecasts to assist asset management.
- Coordinate with JV partners to improve the quality of their financial reporting.
- Implement continuous process improvement on end to end processes, from cash transactions through to accounts preparation.
- Oversee the delivery of annual statutory accounts for JVC & SPV companies.
- Assist in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders and board members.
- Perform other ad hoc financial reporting as required.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) with at least three years of post-qualified experience.
- Financial services experience is essential.
- Previous experience using Sage Line 50 / Xero is desirable.
- Previous SVP accounting experience.
- Previous corporate finance and/or real estate experience is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Alexis Kirby: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference AK50928.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.