Real Estate Investment Analyst
- Base + Bonus, Competitive
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- StepStone Group
- 15 Jan 18 2018-01-15
The Investment Analyst will play a critical role in the underwriting and execution of new investment opportunities. As part of the investment team, the Analyst will have the opportunity to articulate findings and present recommendations to the Firm’s Investment Committee.
StepStone is a global private markets specialist overseeing over US$130 billion of private equity allocations, including approximately US$34 billion of assets under management. Of this, StepStone Real Estate (“SRE”) oversees over US$9 billion of real estate allocation, including US$2 billion of AUM. SRE provides its investors and clients with customized exposure to private real estate through its commingled funds, customized funds, separately managed accounts, and investment advisory assignments. SRE’s investment approach is to partner with general partners of funds and managers of private real estate operating companies to deliver the capital they require to execute their business plans and create value in their private real estate portfolios. SRE also provides primary equity capital to newly formed funds and joint ventures, recapitalizes existing assets, portfolios and entities, co-invests in new acquisitions, and acquires equity on a secondary basis.
StepStone is seeking candidates with excellent quantitative, qualitative and interpersonal skills for an Investment Analyst position with SRE. The Investment Analyst will be based in London and will play a critical role in the underwriting and execution of new investment opportunities. As part of the investment team, the Analyst will have the opportunity to articulate findings and present recommendations to the Firm’s Investment Committee. StepStone prides itself on the Firm’s collegial atmosphere, encouraging team-building initiatives and a collaborative approach to accomplishing projects. The Analyst will have exposure to all levels of the Firm, from the Partners to fellow Analysts on a daily basis. He/she will have opportunities to interact with many of the top fund managers in the real estate industry.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develop detailed financial models in Excel to evaluate prospective real estate investments
- Update internal projection models for re-forecasting of existing investments
- Perform detailed market research on supply/demand fundamentals, sales and rent comparables, macro trends, etc. by compiling and summarizing market research reports and data
- Prepare investment committee memoranda and presentation materials
- Assist with the due diligence of an investment including preparation and review of transactional documents such as leases, contracts, financial statements etc.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Exceptional financial modelling skills
- Exceptional business writing skills with high proficiency in Word, Power Point and Excel
- Demonstrate maturity, reliability and attentiveness to detail
- Motivated and able to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial atmosphere with significant opportunity for growth
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Real Estate, or another related field preferred
- 1 or 2 years’ experience in an investment role in top financial institution