The organisation is currently looking for a client-facing researcher to join the team (candidates 4-7 years experience). In this role, you will be responsible for contributing to and supporting existing research products as well as ongoing initiatives; engaging in database management, data analysis as well as assisting on complex projects, which will support senior research staff in helping investment teams across the organization identify risks and opportunities in commercial real estate markets. The candidate will also, under certain circumstances, represent the investment ideas and strategies to external clients as needed. As such, a certain comfort and experience in external facing client relations will be valuable.
The successful candidate will also assist the research team on research projects and methodologies for internal stakeholders as well as contribute to continual improvement of the research department’s suite of products, thereby helping to constantly improve the organization’s investment decision capabilities.
• Support senior research and investment team members across all the organization.
• Support the research team’s effort to provide data driven solutions to complex problems.
• Contribute supporting materials and written content to internal and external publications, including marketing thought collateral for an audience that includes Investors’ clients, consultants and investment teams within the organization.
• Present analytical conclusions, strategies to select clients on a needed basis; be available to consultants and marketing staff as necessary
• Support investment teams by providing appropriate research solutions including internal off-the shelf analysis; third-party research and customized analysis as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in finance, economics, or real estate.
• Top preference given to those with an interest and understanding of commercial real estate
• Exposure to macroeconomic and regional economic data
• Engagement and motivation to look for solutions that address complex issues
• Some experience and interest in working with different types of data, including time-series and cross-sectional databases
• Some degree of external client and investor facing experience
• Fluency in English; additional European languages an advantage
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong quantitative skills highly preferred. Exposure to statistical or econometric modeling and software (e.g., SAS, EViews, R, Python, Stata) is a plus.
• Must have good written and oral communication skills.
• Possess strong problem-solving skills for use within the team structure and with other internal work groups.
• Must be well organized and have the ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Some travel may be required