Summary of the key purposes of the role You will contribute under the supervision of a Senior Front Officer to: 1 the underwriting and structuring of Commercial real estate structured finance transactions 2 the monitoring of deals in the book 3 maintain close contact with the CRE market
Description of the Business Line or Department
Commercial Real Estate (REL) within Asset Finance Division (AFI) is a business line of Global Banking (GLBA).
REL is responsible for :
- providing financing solutions for professional investors investing in office, logistics, retail, hotel and other real estate (incl. multifamily, student accommodation and nursing homes) being key clients of SG Group.
- Within the GLBA/AFI/REL platform, GLBA/AFI/REL London originates, structures and executes financing transactions involving real estate located in the UK or with a strong UK angle (sometimes including non UK assets within a predominantly UK portfolio).
Client base: The client base consists of:
- local and international property investors (private equity companies, pension funds, property companies, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, corporate etc.) who require debt financing collateralised by assets located in the UK, or
- UK based sponsors in the case of non UK assets (in coordination with other European teams).
The financings are structured with a view to being mostly distributed.
Beyond its client basis, REL has extensive relationship with real estate brokers and appraisers, rating agencies, debt providers and investors, insurers and lawyers.
Summary of responsibilities
- Risk analysis and understanding of all issues relevant for each transaction (context, aim, constraints related to the assets and/or the legal and tax environment…);
- Financial analysis and modelling of the considered projects;
- Structuring of complex financings
- Drafting and presentation of credit requests
- Drafting of term sheets and review of legal documents
- Risk-monitoring of existing loans
- Data search and market intelligence
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Attention to details
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and ideally VBA
- Other IT fluency (MA Word, Power Point)
- Flexibility and responsiveness
- Ability to work in a rigorous manner according to business processes and guidelines
- Ability to work under tight timelines and pressure
- Ability to regularly monitor work process to avoid mistakes and to guarantee the reliability of results.
- Energy, motivation and willingness
- Integrity and risk awareness