Real Estate Valuations Executive - UKI - TAS
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Jan 19
Job Title: Real Estate Valuations Executive - UKI - TAS Location: London Salary: Competitive
The Real Estate Valuation team is part of EY's Valuation and Business Modelling Group (VME), which sits within Transaction Advisory Services (TAS). The team has grown significantly over the last few years and is looking for additional Executives to join the team in London. The ideal candidate will have real estate valuation and advisory experience. .
The Real Estate Valuation team's focus falls into 3 broad categories:
- Valuation: the team advises a range of clients on the valuation of commercial and residential property predominantly in the UK but also on occasions for Global assets. Valuations can be for a range of purposes but including transaction support, tax, restructuring, financial reporting, debt or equity raising.
- Advisory: we support clients wherever the value of an asset is a crucial component to the process. This might be for due diligence, a tax negotiation, litigation advise, occupational change, investment support, urban regeneration, to aid decisions on infrastructure investment or reviewing the asset base of a Bank.
- Valuation review: we support EY Assurance by providing expert review of valuations for financial reporting purposes. The work covers a broad range of assets in a wide variety of locations and includes properties held by FTSE100 companies.
The team advises a diverse range of clients including property companies, banks, fund managers, institutional investors, developers, corporate occupiers and central and local Government. The team works closely with other parts of EY to provide clients with an integrated service.
Roles and responsibilities
An Executive will work on specific projects and in general, they will report to an Assistant Director on the team. They will be expected to:
- Work within small client-focused teams of 2 or 3 providing advice and technical input as well as engagement with the client.
- Manage the delivery of a range of assignments under the direction of senior executives, assistant directors and directors/partners.
- Provide significant input into the preparation of valuations including research and report writing.
- Undertake with limited supervision the necessary research and preparation of audit valuation reviews, including contact with clients, valuers and senior EY specialists.
- Work on a broad range of assignments involving a variety of assets supporting clients taking financial and corporate decisions that have a Real Estate impact.
- Develop and use financial models that will be used to advise clients on Real Estate issues.
- Work with industry wide software such as Argus Investor and Developer.
- Undertake research on real estate transactions by use of property related databases.
- Support the development of sales proposals to target clients or EY colleagues.
- Share technical knowledge within the group and provide leadership and guidance to Assistant Executives within the team.
Ideal skill requirements
- A surveying or accountancy qualification
- Good understanding and/or interest in the real estate property market
- Experience of real estate or corporate finance transactions
- Highly numeric, preferably with financial modelling skills
- Energetic, lateral thinker with an enquiring mind and a commercial approach
- High degree of personal drive and motivation to succeed
- Good communicator and highly articulate (written and verbal), with high quality report writing skills
- Ability to learn quickly and keep abreast of developments
- Committed to business development and able to identify opportunities to deliver the best value.
- Communicating with clients and EY colleagues to support your conclusions and advise.
- Assisting with pitches.
- Prepare reports and presentations to clients.
- Strong team player with an ability to build effective working relationships with individuals, organisations and clients.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.