Realty Management Division, Compliance, Analyst, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB GLOBAL COMPLIANCE
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS The role of the RMD Compliance Officer is to partner with GS Global Compliance and other Federation colleagues to, among other things: monitor the business to ensure that it is being conducted in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and firm policies, help reduce the firm's reputational and regulatory risk, liaise with regulators and reinforce the firm's culture of compliance through policies, procedures, training, controls and monitoring.
- Advise business supervisors and asset managers on Country-specific regulations, BHCA -related rules, Firmwide and Divisional policies from deal underwriting up to and including work-out and disposition of assets
- Conduct periodic surveillances, follow-up on exceptions and participate in surveillance tools analysis and enhancements
- Support the Compliance Due Diligence process on new third party service providers
- Participate in the 'post acquisition' compliance risk monitoring of third party servicers
- Create and conduct compliance training
- Maintain policies and procedures in line with changes in rules, regulations and firm standards
- Support relevant projects as needed
- Liaise with Legal department to identify and interpret regulatory requirements
- Communicate regularly with Compliance Management to update on office issues, outstanding surveillance exceptions, compliance projects, and other issues
- Collate and analyse data required for Compliance MI and Quarterly Supervisory reports
• Completed business studies or with comparable practicable experience
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Good computer skills (Microsoft office)
• Fluent (written and spoken) English
• German, Spanish, French and/or Italian language skills advantageous
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
©The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.