The main purpose of this role is to act as the first point of contact for all callers and visitors to City Credit Capital UK Limited, providing an excellent first impression and undertaking various administrative duties to ensure the reception and office areas are maintained to a high standard.
Brief description of duties and responsibilities:
- Answering all incoming calls and enquiries efficiently and in a warm, confident and professional manner. Take detailed messages and deliver them without delay to the intended person by email or redirecting callers to the staff members’ direct line.
- Meeting and greeting all guests in a welcoming, courteous and professional manner.
- Guest registration via the Visitor Management System.
- Ordering office supplies (stationary and kitchen inventory) and maintaining adequate stock.
- Managing all post and couriers – sorting/distributing incoming mail, recording outgoing mail, booking and tracking local/international couriers.
- Booking conference room for meetings, interviews, videoconferences, briefings, training, and other events on-site, setting up equipment and arranging catering as required.
- Ensuring the reception and communal office areas are kept tidy at all times and project a business-like image.
- Responding to urgent office maintenance issues (electrical faults, signage, cleaning etc.)
- Maintaining clear and effective filing of invoices and receipts.
- Changing daily back-up tapes in the Communications room and inserting monthly back-up tape on the last working day of the month.
- Organise occasional events e.g. annual Christmas party.
- Provide ad hoc support to different department.
- Provide support to HR on staff inductions.
- Prepare meeting minutes
- Follow the pre-established guidelines and instructions to perform the functions of the job.
- Occasional PA duties: booking medical appointments and travel arrangements (booking flights and accommodation for senior management).
Education & Qualifications
- GCSE A-C grade in English and Maths or equivalent qualifications
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Previous reception/front of house and admin experience within a professional environment
- Basic PA duties
Skills & Abilities
- Well-spoken/articulate with fluency in English – verbal and written.
- Efficient and organised with ability to multitask and prioritise.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate with internal/external parties via email, face to face and telephone.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Ability to respond quickly to different situations.
- Good IT skills – Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Good quality meeting minute taking
- Additional languages would be an advantage.
Personal Qualities & Other Requirements
- Friendly, personable and warm demeanour with a genuine interest in reception.
- Team player, with a positive and proactive attitude.
- Presentable and professional attitude and appearance.
- Reliable, with an excellent telephone manner.