Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock - from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We optimize the value of our data by combining our domain and technical expertise; striving to make our data fit-for-purpose, timely and accurate. We apply our problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to better manage our data. What's the role?
The Regional Administrative Assistant will be located in our London office. They will provide support to multiple senior-level managers in Data and coordinate across groups and regions on various day-to-day operations. We are looking for a versatile and highly-organized individual who enjoys providing personalized and general administrative services, as well as working with peers across the globe. The ideal candidate is an experienced administrative assistant or office manager who can be trusted with handling a broad range of responsibilities and providing support to busy senior leaders. This person will work closely with the Senior Regional Leadership team, Operations Managers, the Executive Assistant for Data, and with other Regional Admin Assistants across the globe. We are looking for a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, inclusive and dynamic environment. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Perform administrative activities, manage calendars and travel, and take responsibility for helping senior leaders within the region deliver against their priorities. Initiate continuous improvement of -administrative processes and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Execute planning for regional events and visitors. This includes arranging business critical internal/external events across departments, for example: Town Halls, booking auditoriums/training rooms, travel arrangements, itineraries, accommodations, visiting speakers, etc.
- Maintain a shared events calendar and send reminders as relevant. You will plan internal events and meetings; greets visitors and guests, and provide outstanding customer service.
- Compile, edit and issue special reports, documents, presentations, organization charts, correspondence, etc and other documents as requested. You will work directly with the individuals involved in the process to collect relevant information. In addition, you will take notes/minutes of meetings to be shared with various stakeholders.
- Be responsible for different communication tasks such as ensuring information and related updates are shared with the relevant audiences. You will play a significant role to ensure communication is shared across the regions, to other administrative assistants, and actively participate in a global admin forum.
- Be a point of contact for internal/external enquiries, initiate action and make judgments about the urgency of arising issues. You will provide confidential support to individual executives and/or management team members.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience*
- Technical proficiency in Google Office Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and collaborating with others using these tools
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Experience in prioritizing work and acting as a sound gate keeper for the senior managers that you support
- Excellent writing, oral communication, and presentation skills with a strong confidence in communicating with senior management
- Broad knowledge of business processes and prior work supporting complex organizations, including global and remote teams
- Proven track record in successfully working with and supporting senior level business managers and global stakeholders
- Resourcefulness and an ability to take a proactive approach in the role
- Ability to work independently on initiatives with little oversight
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role. Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.