Regional Chief of Staff, Chief Operating Officer and Office of SMR, Group Operations
Group Operations is one of the Corporate Functions embedded in the COO Organization of Credit Suisse.
We have a track record in supporting career development through internal mobility and training opportunities. We aim to create a transparent organization where all employees have access to senior leaders and feel connected to our strategy and their role within it. We strongly support diversity and have fostered an environment where everyone feels included and is able to thrive. Collaboration is key to our success. We value innovation and entrepreneurial thinking and empower staff to take ownership and accountability to shape our future organization.
The role sits within the Legal Entity Office and Chief of Staff function in Group Operations. It has responsibility to ensure effective oversight and compliance within Group Operations for the UK regulatory Senior Manager Regime. It also provides primary support to the EMEA Head of Group Operations, leading communication, adherence to financial targets, advancing the people and culture agenda, business continuity planning and driving a variety of initiatives in support of the region and the execution of the Group Operations strategy.
- Maintain, embed and evolve our UK legal entity and regional oversight model
- Optimize staff engagement through effective communication
- Help to design and lead regional and global initiatives
- Help maintain a robust governance framework to ensure compliance with SMR regulatory requirements and regional oversight
- Develop and advance Business Continuity Planning
- Ensure effective tracking of regional financial and headcount targets
- Drive and evolve the people and culture framework across Group Operations
- Attend Governance meetings on behalf of Regional Head of Group Operations
- Maintain the Senior Manager audit trail including SharePoint site and related spot checks and quality assurance
- Produce and coordinate Governance meeting materials & minutes
- Track and ensure effective resolution of actions from governance meetings
- Support Operations Executive Committee members with Town Halls and related communications
- Coordinate organization charts and Group Operations intranet site
- Work on a variety of initiatives and projects to support the work of the Chief of Staff
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- Works effectively across teams and actively encourages inclusivity and all types of diversity
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact confidently across all levels of the organization
- Ability to take information and present data in an understandable and relevant way
- Ask the right questions to be able to define and solve problems in a logical way
- Well organized, able to multitask and prioritize workload
- Detail oriented with ability to work independently
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity and professionalism
- Ambitious, responsive teammate with the flexibility and willingness to take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills
- Self-starter, creative / idea generator
- Project management would be a plus
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.