Regional Head of Workplace and Property Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 14 Jun 18 2018-06-14
Workplace: Advise, inform and influence Heads of Property and other key stakeholders on all aspects of the Workplace function, ensuring the functions are well managed and well operated, thereby providing a safe and productive work environment for the group's staff and customers. This includes Workplace Performance, Project Management, Design, Facilities Management and Energy and Environments for Europe and Americas.
Provide specialist input into the regional operating budget of approximately $72M, through Project Management, Facilities Management and Energy & Environment.
· Develop workplace property strategies, influencing key Property and business stakeholders to ensure optimal solutions are implemented.
· Lead in developing process, innovation, and change management within the Europe and Americas Region
· Drive regional Property strategic partnership with Property's Supply Partner
· Responsible for designing future model with strategic partners, working closely with Property global leadership.
· Work closely with the to the Regional Head of Property to focus on key retained responsibilities via Strategy, Business alignment and Governance.
· Design progressive strategic property initiatives to meet the organisational goals
· Centrally oversee MIS and property related submissions ensuring consistency
· Manage the annual Regional Property budgets including operational and capital projects budgets and provide recommendations to the Regional Head of Property
· Lead the alignment within the hub, country and supply partner teams
· Serve as Subject Matter Expert for retained organisations(includes Supplier Managers, Contract Managers and Operational Risk Managers) to ensure service provider is delivering to the agreed service level agreements and performance standards
· Lead change management for transformation activities and hub innovation
· Drive the implementation of Workplace policy, process, standards and guidelines and associated risk management, governance and assurance
· Be the regional Workplace strategy Lead to support and influence the full spectrum of Property projects/initiatives with the aim of obtaining optimum solution(s)
· Lead and influence appropriate Workplace related expenditure to support regional financial goals while balancing associated risk, resilience and service
· Create a Regional strategy
· Delivery on regional Property sustainability targets with associated external assurance activities and reporting
· Personal responsibility for oversight of operational delivery and project delivery in the 33 countries (requiring regular office visits)
· Ensure an appropriate assurance program is in place to monitor the effective delivery of services within the requirements of the MSA, Policy, Process and Procedures for Workplace.
· Working with SME & SP, ensure risks within the region are identified, recorded and escalated as appropriate and controls and risk indicators are relevant for maintaining the control environment.
· Have a thorough understanding of regional applicable laws and regulations pertaining to PROPERTY Risk control areas
· Advise governance bodies on key risks, the effectiveness of mitigants and controls, and alignment of residual risks with appetite
· As a technical expert, lead and deliver a cutting-edge Workplace strategy for the full spectrum of related activities within a global corporate
· Expert knowledge of the Group policies, processes and standards.
· Experience leading a regional or Global discipline within a similar governance model
· Expert in governance and relationship management of Workplace supply partners
· Excellent people skills, communication, team building, partnering techniques and mentoring skills
· Change management of Workplace risk within a regional portfolio
· Commercial acumen to maximise value from output based, multi-service contracts
· Deep experience of procurement methods and contractual arrangements relating to relevant services
· Knowledge and experience of supplier performance management with ability to analyse challenges and propose best practice solutions
· Business Acumen - Understanding of business operations and related requirements, ability to speak the language of business and implement effective, efficient and win-win solutions.
· Financial analysis - Strong financial and commercial risks and opportunities experience in relation to property.
· Risk Management - Strong Knowledge of operational and financial risks and related policies.
· Strategic planning - Understanding of Group's real-estate strategy and ability to translate into operational execution plans and deliver.
· Expert in subject matter - Understand the efficacy of solutions, provide effective implementation in all aspects of Property.
· Strategic Supply Partner Management - Ability to move from managing activity to managing a fully outsourced offering, letting go of tactical management activity.
· Property System & Ops - Expert understanding of Property tools and ability to leverage them for the benefit of the Bank.
· Influencing Right Outcomes -Strong influencing skills to be able to persuade country and regional stakeholders across the Hub and within Group Property
· Preferably a bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Facilities Management, engineering or other business related discipline preferred
· Knowledge of the facilities/real estate market as well as an extensive understanding of high quality customer service principles
· Strong financial acumen, data and analytical skills.
· Demonstrated resourcefulness in seeking out market opportunities and leveraging supplier base to maximum advantage
· Excellent experience needed as Senior manager position within the Property space and ability to travel.