Regional Marketing Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Apr 18 2018-04-20
The Field Marketing Manager has responsibility for developing, executing and analyzing tactical marketing programs for his/her regional markets.
She/he is responsible for being the expert on marketing vehicles (channels) and their effectiveness to attract, engage and retain key customers of Platts products and services on a regional and/or global scale.
She/he will be closely aligned with the Platts sales team and is responsible for ensuring that they have the marketing tools necessary to achieve their sales revenue targets.
She/he has the ability to analyze data to provide insight into the financial impacts of marketing activities.
Success in this role relies on the ability to build collaborative relationships at multiple levels internally. A positive, upbeat approach and the ability to manage a number of simultaneous tasks and projects whilst remaining calm and focused are also key factors to successful performance.
Develop and implement tactical regional marketing programs by working closely with product marketing managers, program managers, content marketing and sales and in some cases other stakeholders. This includes:
- Develop regional marketing programs and events that are fully aligned to campaign objectives by working closely with the Product Marketing Manager, Program Manager, Content Marketing, Content and sales teams
- Become the expert in identifying the most effective channels, creating targeted and segmented programs and linking programs for full effectiveness in achieving objectives
- Plan and coordinate marketing campaigns to generate leads, retain existing customers, promote industry awareness/benchmarks, help strengthen the Platts brand and shorten the sales cycle. Tactics include online and offline marketing channels such as: direct mail, e-mails, video, telemarketing, webinars, exhibiting at and or sponsoring conferences, free trials, advertising, social media, etc. .
- Create the regional/global campaign strategy including campaign content and plan.
- Create and maintain campaign briefs that can be shared with key stakeholders summarizing objectives , strategy, key messages, key offers and timing
Develop and manage marketing programs to meet the demand management and marketing goals for your area of responsibility. This includes:
- Launch and manager specific marketing programs/events following established process, brand standards and standards for quality as expected at Platts. This includes copy writing, project management, negotiations, budget reconciliation, internal communications and making adjustments as necessary.
- Ensure that A/B testing is done when and where appropriate for email campaigns, landing pages, etc.
- Taking specific responsibility for tracking spend to ensure programs are completed within budget
- Working with program managers to ensure that the project is done on time and performance measured
- Understand and navigate the CRM tool to understand the progress of a program from a sales perspective. Includes pipeline development, pipeline acceleration, close/won ratios etc.
Assist product marketing to create customer case studies, collateral , testimonials, proposals and sales presentations to help solve specific customer problems
Effectively communicate the marketing plans ensuring clear objectives and setting expectations with primary stakeholders. This includes:
- Create an annual marketing plan that demonstrates the programs alignment to the priorities of the business. Clearly indicating marketing’s contribution to the business
- Implementing internal communications that keep key stakeholders up-to-date on individual programs and activities. Attend and actively participate in regular meetings with sales, product marketing and program managers
Ability to lead planning meetings to establish shared vision for Marketing Programs with key stakeholders, e.g. Sales and Content
Up to 15% travel for the role.
Essential Skills (Required):
Strong B to B marketing experience
Educational Requirements-Bachelors Degree in a related field (Marketing degree a plus)
- Proven ability to design and implement campaigns involving integrated multi-touch campaigns that involve the marketing of thought leadership assets along with a problem/solution approach.
- Expertise in balancing the desires of the stakeholders with the needs of the Platts business and the specific objectives associated with the marketing programs
- Knowledge of marketing products/services to the energy industry a plus
- Experience in persona-based marketing programs whereby identifying personas and using insights as part of building out a program.
- Experience within complex matrix structure often involving global stakeholders in various departments
- Knowledge of marketing subscription-based product lines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and comfortable communicating at many level
- Excellent organization and planning skills with an ability to manage multiple projects, delivering each on time
Preferred Skills: OPTIONAL
Experience of working in a global b2b marketing environment preferred
Experience in managing marketing vendors