- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 23 Nov 17
Salary: Not Specified
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
The Group Regulatory Reporting team is responsible for the regulatory returns to the PRA and FCA for the consolidated Group and the solo UK regulated asset management firms. The team works closely with Wealth Management, Group Risk and Group Treasury in the production of Pillar
The Group Regulatory Reporting team is responsible for the regulatory returns to the PRA and FCA for the consolidated Group and the solo UK regulated asset management firms. The team works closely with Wealth Management, Group Risk and Group Treasury in the production of Pillar 2 reporting and is also responsible for setting Group policies in response to changes in regulatory standards. It contributes to thought leadership on regulatory matters internally and with external trade bodies.
The Regulatory Accountant is responsible for assisting the Senior Regulatory Accountant in the delivery of existing reporting requirements, to drive change initiatives and to respond to ad hoc requests from senior management and other stakeholders.
The role holder is specifically responsible for:
• Production of COREP, Solvency II and other regulatory returns as required for the Schroders Group and UK regulated firms as appropriate, working to strict deadlines, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of the returns;
• Working alongside Group Risk, Group Treasury and Wealth Management teams to produce the consolidated Group ICAAP and ILAAP documents;
• Production of management information for senior management;
• Peer review of overseas regulatory returns;
• Becoming a subject matter expert on relevant regulatory changes through the review of consultation papers and policy statements issued by the EBA, PRA and FCA. This would include briefing senior management of changes which impact Schroders reporting requirements and subsequently plan and manage the implementation process; and
• Periodic returns to the Office of National Statistics.
The role requires a qualified accountant with a background in financial reporting under IFRS, with experience gained within industry or an audit firm. Schroders has a relatively unique scope of prudential regulation and regulatory reporting experience is preferred, which could include working for an asset manager, bank or life insurer. The role holder will have:
• Strong attention to detail and an acquisitive mind;
• Ability to manage projects and implement change;
• Ability to work under own initiative;
• Ability to engage stakeholders, commanding respect and influence by developing close and effective working relationships both within finance and across other areas of the business;
• Strategic mind and ability to think outside of the box; and
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Qualifications:
Qualified Accountant or Equivalent