- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Jump Trading UK
- 20 Apr 18 2018-04-20
At Jump Trading, you will find a group of driven, dynamic people focused on researching, interpreting and capitalizing on the global trading markets. Headquartered in Chicago since 1999, Jump has expanded over the years as a global operation with offices in London, Singapore and New York. We are a privately-funded company that is owned and managed by trading professionals who have set high standards around trust and leadership in a quantitative trading environment. We trade across all major asset classes on multitudes of electronic exchanges around the world, with a strong track record of success through all market conditions.
Our casual atmosphere, culture of continuous learning and innovation, and philosophy of rewarding outstanding performance based on merit rather than tenure or title has attracted brilliant people from around world. We value our people at Jump and pride ourselves on being a diverse set of individuals. Employees have notable backgrounds from the trading industry, Silicon Valley, tech companies, startups, world renowned research labs, top tier Universities, and PhD programs.
Jump established a global footprint with the launch of our London office in 2009. The office has steadily grown with exceptional talent and has rooted itself as the hub for managing its European trading. The office is at the pinnacle of development, having landed a new member for virtually every team in the organisation (Trading, Technology, Operations, Talent Acquisition, Legal/Compliance and Human Resources) and functioning as a true global operation.
Working in the London office has the feel of a small start-up with the benefits of being part of one of the leading quantitative trading firms in the world.
The Regulatory Accountant will be primarily responsible for ensuring that Jump Trading International Ltd meets all of its regulatory reporting requirements and maintains adequate capital resources. In addition, the regulatory accountant will also be responsible for providing analytical and finance support to the European and Asia businesses. This role will be a key part of the London Finance team and report directly to the UK Finance Director and will work closely with the treasury, accounting, compliance and risk departments.
What You'll Do:
- Regulatory Reporting - Own and manage the end to end regulatory reporting process including:
- Preparation of and timely submissions of all regulatory returns
- Review the daily threshold report and investigate any issues
- Maintain an updated capital position on a daily basis
- Regulatory Change - Deliver and implement the regulatory change agenda including:
- Proactively track all forthcoming changes in relevant regulatory requirements
- Advise management of potential impact and mitigation
- Analyse existing and new business opportunities to ensure efficient use of the firm's capital resources
- Governance and Documentation: Ensure all regulatory processes are complete, accurate and appropriately documented and maintained, for example:
- Preparation of capital management information for executive management and risk committees and the Board
- Ensure the ICAAP and Recovery Plan are kept up to date and reviewed by the Board on a timely basis
- Completion of capital forecast scenario analysis and stress testing for ICAAP, ILAS and Resolution planning
- Maintain and update all regulatory reporting procedure documentation
- Finance Analysis:
- Preparation of monthly financial management information for the European and Asia Executive Committees
- Ad hoc financial analysis to support the business
- Support the London, Singapore and China trading teams assisting with cost/revenue related queries and analysis
- Collaborate with the Group Finance function headquartered in Chicago
Skills You'll Need:
- Qualified accountant (minimum of 3 years PQE)
- Past experience of working in a regulatory accounting role within the Financial Services sector and familiarity of traded financial instruments
- Detailed working knowledge of regulatory rules
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across a global matrix organisation
- Proven ability to demonstrate reasoned judgement
- Proactive work ethic