Regulatory Capital Manager
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
In this role you will report directly to the Head of Regulatory Capital Management (EMEA and Asia). You will provide effective and efficient capital management services including regulatory reporting to Columbia Threadneedle Investments (EMEA and Asia) as part of the broader Ameriprise Group.
The Regulatory Capital Management team currently comprises two individuals in London. You will be based in London working closely with the Risk, Legal and Compliance teams together with subject matter experts across the business. You and your team will work closely with the Ameriprise Treasury team in the U.S. Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
Your day to job would include but not limited to: Capital management - ongoing
Capital management - annual regulatory reporting
- Consideration of impact of business and regulatory developments on regulatory capital and liquidity requirements
- Prepare monthly and quarterly capital management briefing papers for relevant committees
- Co-ordinate financial planning and stress testing by Finance (LFO) team as required
- Plan, coordinate and assist in delivery of operational risk workshop program through the year
- Assist in liaising with external provider of stochastic modelling of risks
- Monitor regulatory developments around capital management and Solvency II
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with other Finance departments, Risk and business areas.
- Ability to work with data from multiple systems and experience with reporting tools. Experience in Business Objects and RStudio preferred although not essential.
Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will have....
- Assist and take responsibility for delivery of ICAAP, ORSA and annual Solvency 2 documents to a high standard
- Liaise with all contributors to ensure full understanding of requirements
- Co-ordinate delivery of contributions from all stakeholders including review and challenge of contributions
- Write sections of documents owned by Treasury (ICAAP, ORSA, SFCR, Pillar 3 Disclosures)
- Assist in management of contribution from external advisers
- Assist in continual improvement and evolution of process and documents in line with industry practice
- Take responsibility for delivery of high quality, complete and accurate documents on time to Treasury and Finance leaders for review
- Prepare high quality, timely and relevant reporting for senior committees
- Develop and maintain ICAAP/ORSA related internal documentation, policies and procedures.
- Design and develop new reports as required.
Preferred Qualifications If you also had this, it would be great....
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent preferred
- Clear planning and project management
- Interpersonal skills required to co-ordinate input from other business areas
- Challenging and inquisitive mindset with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications including advanced Excel skills
- Understanding of risk management, prudential regime for investment firms and capital regulations at the enterprise level
- Understanding of Solvency II regulations
- Experience with ICAAP, ORSA and regulatory reporting
- Prior experience in Banking/Asset Management institution or consulting firm