Regulatory Compliance - Assistant Vice President
SSGA is seeking a dynamic and experienced individual to work in this compliance role. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Compliance organization and will be located in London. The candidate will play a key role in assisting with the regulatory oversight of the SSGA EMEA entity incorporating the advising of business activities and controls to facilitate on-going compliance with policies and regulatory requirements. Major Responsibilities:
A strong background of experience delivering compliance oversight and advice is essential ideally within a large international organization and/or within asset management. Knowledge of existing and forthcoming UK and EU regulatory framework is also essential.
High levels of drive and focus together with enthusiasm for working in an international organization and adapting to different cultures are each pre-requisites. Core responsibilities include:
Specific Qualifications/ Experience:
- Providing support and advice to the business to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements including FCA rules MiFID UCITS and other applicable international regulation including delivering the firm's compliance programme. Providing support and guidance on UK and local jurisdiction regulatory issues to staff within each office while conducting ongoing monitoring of their operations. There will be opportunities to collaborate with and support other office in the EMEA region.
- Responsible for compliance support including requirements analysis and implementation of regulatory change eg MiFID II.
- Undertaking one-off reviews deep dives and assessments of business line compliance particularly with new regulatory obligations.
- Acting as the subject matter expert within the UK for specific areas of regulation providing support and guidance on requirements and overseeing the firm's control environment. Being the lead for Compliance in terms of preparation of regulatory Consultative Paper summaries and responses as deemed appropriate by the SSGA EMEA SMC.
- Supporting the compliance team in other functions as needed which has included reviewing financial promotions preparation of client RFI/DDQs preparing board and senior management reporting conducting client contract reviews.
- Assist in performing monitoring and surveillance reviews in line with the compliance monitoring plan;
- Validate control processes to ensure compliance with laws rules regulations and policy requirements;
- Support with delivery of key elements of the Compliance programme activities (including communication training discovery corrective action) ensuring the respective deadlines are achieved and updating of tracking tool to record the progress of the COP over the calendar year for management to track progress;
- Identify log and monitor Compliance Issues. Proactively partner with the business to complete remediation work through to completion within the required deadlines. Produce regular metrics and programme status updates as and when needed.
- Assist with ad hoc projects monitoring tasks and regulatory change initiatives.
- Promoting a good Compliance culture and assisting the business in complying with relevant laws regulations and SSGA's policies and procedures
Level of Education:
- Relevant demonstrable experience within asset management compliance.
- Degree Level
- Additional Regulatory Qualifications an advantage
- Additional professional academic or relevant industry qualifications are also desirable.
- We are looking for a proactive and dynamic individual who can present robust but constructive challenge to the business