Regulatory Compliance Advisory Officer, Trading & Flow Sales
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
See job description for details
Join NatWest Markets (NWM) as a Regulatory Compliance Advisory Officer for Trading & Flow Sales in London
- In this role you'll gain significant exposure to market leaders in Trading and Flow Sales while developing a broad and in depth knowledge of a range of NatWest Markets products
- Your involvement will be pivotal in ensuring NWM is compliant with new rules and regulatory development, and with the regulators having a huge focus on this business area, you'll be able to make a real impact
- You'll manage regulatory matters, interact with key regulatory bodies, and ultimately help us to develop and deliver the NWM conduct strategy
- This role is available at Vice President level
What you'll do
In this advisory role, you'll be working closely on the interpretation and implementation of high profile new regulations, including MIFID 2, PRIIPs and EMIR 2. You'll provide an advisory service covering regulatory change to stakeholders in the Front Office, Operations and Legal teams and make sure they're aware of regulatory developments that may impact their business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Interpreting regulations related to NWM and seeing how they impact commercial drivers
- Providing training to Front Office ensuring they have regulatory knowledge and remain up-to-date on any changes
- Interpreting and challenging regulatory requirements for upcoming and existing regulations, and also providing expert advice to support our responses during regulatory consultations
By maintaining close contact with regulators, you'll be involved in all aspects of regulatory implementation including rules interpretations, consultation feedback and status updates. You'll carefully review and challenge controls and assurance frameworks to support the establishment of new processes as a result of regulatory implementation. There will also be ample opportunity to gain product advisory experience, including responding to questions and queries from the business and policy owners.
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with strong analytical skills and very good attention for detail, as you'll be interpreting new rules and regulations and assessing what is required from NWM in order to ensure our implementation efforts result in compliance with regulatory developments.
You'll have the confidence and integrity to challenge senior stakeholders in terms of implementation of new rules, and you'll be adept at influencing and working collaboratively in order to deliver the best possible outcome.
You'll also have:
- The ability to work independently and take ownership of issues and actions
- Highly developed problem solving skills
- The ability to think strategically and clearly translate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Solid experience of regulatory risk
- Great organisation skills and a strong work ethic
- The ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.