FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Regulatory Compliance Lead - London
My client, an international private banking group, is seeking an analytical, self-motivated individual who has a passion for investigation, and sound knowledge of Private Banking and Regulation to join their London team as a Team Leader - Regulatory Compliance.
My client, an international private banking group, is seeking an analytical, self-motivated Team Leader who has a passion for investigation, and sound knowledge of Private Banking and Regulation
This role is for Team Leader within the London Regulatory Compliance Team supporting the Private Banking Division. The Team is pivotal in ensuring the Bank adheres and complies with laws and regulations relating to Regulatory Compliance by having in place sufficient systems, controls, policies and processes and through challenge and oversight of the business.
The Team Leader will act as a first point of escalation for any queries from analysts within the Team, providing technical guidance and leadership for the whole team. He/she will be an industry SME with at least three years relevant experience in Private Banking Regulatory Compliance, enhancing policies, procedures, processes and frameworks, providing training to all members of staff and providing guidance and oversight for the work completed within the team. Displaying positive leadership qualities and being able to develop the skills and knowledge of the team members are essential elements of the role.
Duties / responsibilities:
* To work closely with the Head of Regulatory Compliance UK in planning engagement strategy and activity across the firm, understanding the perceived integrity of the Team and respect for Team output is fundamental to effective impact upon the business.
* Provide quality assurance oversight for Analysts when undergoing reviews, constructively challenging the robustness of methods and findings.
* To develop independent leadership for areas in the business over time such as Compliance training, Meeting schedules and formats, Internship/work experience programmes.
* Liaise with stakeholders on review findings and agreeing practical recommendations.
* To adhere to the rules and regulations affecting the bank, including but not limited to the FCA Handbook.
* To identify and investigate any current or future potential compliance risks in the Bank and escalate to the Head of Regulatory Compliance UK where necessary.
* To ensure that Management information (MI) is kept up to date and complied where necessary.
* Devise a programme alongside other Compliance Team Leaders with SMART objectives to evidence lessons learned and demonstrate progress into active strategic management.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
* A Team Leader will be an individual with at least three years relevant experience of Private Banking Compliance
* Good knowledge and understanding of Private Banking and regulation, particularly:
- Suitability and appropriateness
- Financial Promotions and non-independent research
- Complaints handling
- Subject Access Requests
- Breaches and error reporting/monitoring
Sending applicants soon so apply ASAP!
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick