Regulatory Compliance Manager (1LOD)
- £60-70k Base + Benefits + Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Fraser Carver Executive Search
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Fraser Carver Executive Search are working with a leading Bank in the City who are looking to appoint an ambitious Risk & Compliance Manager aligned to their Corporate Markets and Treasury business. We are seeking someone with strong exposure to FCA/PRA Handbook, MiFiD II, Volcker, EMIR, FATCA, and SMR. It would be beneficial if you also had Operational Risk experience and exposure to Ring Fencing projects.
- The key objective of the role is to develop, drive and deliver a comprehensive operational risk and compliance risk assessment, monitoring and testing regime.
- Lead on day to day management of the controls landscape, their effectiveness and testing.
- From knowledge of the business provide insight to the other members of the Division Control function of areas to consider from an operational risk and compliance perspective in processes and controls
- Ensuring adherence to the banks policy, standards and methodologies appropriate to the business and provide management and measurement of operational risk, regulatory risk, and conduct and compliance risk through detailed assessment.
- The role requires strong business/commercial operational risk skills. Excellent organisational skills with the ability to deliver to deadlines.
- A strength of character to challenge the business and deliver solutions
- Regulatory change – assess impact and implement new regulation requirement relevant to the division.
- Perform CRAF (Compliance Risk Assessment Framework) on FCA Handbook and PRA Rulebook
- Deliver ring-fencing operational risk management through regular and ad-hoc business level impact assessments, and complete gap analysis for the business and the team; implement required changes and monitor progress
- Forming effective working relationships with business teams, working in partnership with them and others as required
- Orchestrate and drive delivery of operational risk 1st line surveillance, investigate issues and advise and document accordingly
- Complete risk and control assessments
- Develop and execute a plan for control testing and presentation of the state of control environment to both the Leadership Team and 2nd and 3rd line risk and audit functions.
Key Knowledge/ Skills (Mandatory):
- Conduct and Regulatory Risk / risk and control assessment (minimum 4 years)
- Compliance and regulation experience
- Demonstrate up to date knowledge of the PRA / FCA requirements, relevant policy developments and awareness of global regulatory developments
- Knowledge of corporate treasury and complex products, securitisations, capital issuance and hedging structures – capital markets