Regulatory Inventory Specialist
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- 29 Jun 18 2018-06-29
Are you analytical and patient? Do you love to read? if this sounds like you, please apply today! Compliance and Operational Risk Control (C&ORC) is an independent function providing oversight of the Compliance, Conduct and Operational Risks (so called 'consequential' risks) within the firm. The Framework and Conduct Risk team is seeking a talented individual who can be part of the team implementing a new system and process for the development and maintenance of inventories of regulations.
In this role, the candidate will assist internal Subject Matter Experts in delivering the following key responsibilities
Regulatory Development Tracking (RDT)
- Analyse legislation, regulations, rules and standards that govern the bank’s business activities in Switzerland to determine the requirements placed upon the bank in order to be compliant;
- Review existing policies, procedures and controls to determine whether the regulatory risk is effectively mitigated;
- Map these policies, procedures and controls to the relevant regulation using the bank’s regulatory inventory functionality;
- Escalate any gaps in compliance to the UK Regulatory Developments Lead
Your experience and skills
- a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business/Accountancy/Finance/Law or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of compliance and regulatory frameworks
- Strong business analysis and problem solving skills. Ability to easily to manipulate and analyze broad range of data.
- Excellent written communication skills and competence in portraying complex content in a clear, concise, and compelling manner
- Ability to influence stakeholders to successfully implement and deliver change and
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to follow up with key stakeholders to ensure they complete tasks and responsibilities allocated to them.
- Understanding of one of the principal Swiss languages would be advantageous
- Goal-oriented with strong communication skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized and detail orientated, able to work on own initiative and prioritize own workload
- a strategic and creative thinker, able to generate ideas and solutions
- Able to critically verify and challenge processes and documentation with an independent mindset
- Proficient user of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and skilled at data analytics in order to develop graphs, reports, and presentations
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in another European language would be advantageous
This is a contract role at UBS via Hays.